Around the League - 2019/20 Season Edition #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Im a bit surprised thr MTS centre is so high. Its smaller size really helps the atmosphere, and the crowd noise seems like 10x what it is in other arenas. The building itself though really isnt all that nice though.

The Xcel Centre is probably the nicest experience ive had.

Reactions: Devonator

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I wonder if the Covid-19 positive cases will be exempt from play this summer, just from a health point of view. Some teams seem to have been hit harder than others. And obviously the implication on the Leafs best player.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
I wonder if the Covid-19 positive cases will be exempt from play this summer, just from a health point of view. Some teams seem to have been hit harder than others. And obviously the implication on the Leafs best player.

Camp opens up on Monday interesting whether he'll be there.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Camp opens up on Monday interesting whether he'll be there.

I'm just thinking out loud, but even if fully healthy, it seems like it would be a challenge to cross the border, and be ready to go for Monday. Would he still need to quarantine?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I'm just thinking out loud, but even if fully healthy, it seems like it would be a challenge to cross the border, and be ready to go for Monday. Would he still need to quarantine?

I think they said they are granting exceptions for athletes.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I believe he can play if he has 2 false tests, but he will have to quarantine when not playing.

That's how baseball is handling it, at least. They had 5 players come in Thursday that will play today I believe.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
That still may not be enough.

If im Barzal, and i look at my numbers and the recent rfa contracts around the league, theres no way id take a bridge too. Its not like hes a question mark at this point about his game.

Hes a guy who is well deserving of a big contract

Reactions: kb

kb

Aug 28, 2009
If im Barzal, and i look at my numbers and the recent rfa contracts around the league, theres no way id take a bridge too. Its not like hes a question mark at this point about his game.

Hes a guy who is well deserving of a big contract
If I am Barzal, I am looking at Point for a bridge.

That would mess the Islanders up beyond crazy.

Reactions: Menzinger

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Buyout of Komarov could help things.

They could look to package Toews and Hickey and get a mid-round pick or prospect in return. That solves the Toews re-signing issue and gets Hickey off of the books. They can probably find a cheap 3rd pairing replacement for Toews in UFA and then use the rest of the savings to try and bridge and Pulock. They mostly just need to make it to 2022-2023 when Clutterbuck, Komarov, Boychuk and Leddy all come off of the books, and I am sure they'll find some way to dump Ladd (likely be attaching Wahlstrom, Bellows or Holmstrom + another piece) at some point too. If they bridge Barzal and Pulock for two years, they make it to 2022-2023. So it is possible, but they are in a far worse spot than the Leafs and many other teams right now.

Reactions: kb and Menzinger

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Isles sign Sorokin .. $2 mill cap hit next season. Leaves the Isles with $8.1 mill in cap space to sign Barzal and Pulock for next year (and any additional depth).
Yeah but there’s gotta be some UFA’s no? If not they’re screwed.

I hope Barzel gets as much as money Mitch because all I heard last year From islander fans was that he was better. I doubt it tho because Mitch did Dubas dirty with his demands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad