Around the League - 2019/20 Season Edition #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Why do I have a feeling by season’s end that TB will be 1st again with Boston and us 2/3 yet again.

Sigh....I hate this f***ing division.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Kassian deserves a suspension for that nonsense, but its still hard to feel sympathy for Tkachuk considering all the dirty stuff he routinely gets away with.

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Kassian deserves a suspension for that nonsense, but its still hard to feel sympathy for Tkachuk considering all the dirty stuff he routinely gets away with.

Those were some beautiful clean hits by Tkachuk. Don’t think a suspension is necessary though for Kassian. The league needs to let player’s handle their business.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Those were some beautiful clean hits by Tkachuk. Don’t think a suspension is necessary though for Kassian. The league needs to let player’s handle their business.

I think the hits that game were likely both "clean" but an awful lot of Tkachuk's behavior over the last couple years rides a fine line a bit too closely between clean vs intent to injure.

I can't stand either player in this particular drama though, so just sitting back and enjoying the post game hot takes myself

Edit: after looking further that 2nd hit looks like a headshot to me after looking at another video

Last edited:
Reactions: BrannigansLaw

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I know that fan fights could happen in any NHL arena, however something like this could only happen in Philadelphia that starts off in the seats and continues in the bathroom.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Rey Shero is out.
After a great off season, what a disaster for the Devils.

"The New Jersey Devils and General Manager Ray Shero have agreed to part ways, effective immediately."

"Ray is a talented hockey executive and I am confident he will have great success in the future. However, Ray and I are in agreement that the Devils need to move in a new direction and that this change is in the best interest of the team."

"In the coming weeks and months, we will be launching a formal search for a new General Manager."

"We are very optimistic about our future and have a lot of talent, both on and off the ice."

"Tom Fitzgerald will serve as interim General Manager and he will receive support from Martin Brodeur, who will serve as an advisor to and on hockey operations."

"Our organization remains deeply committed to creating a sustainably winning franchise. Our fans deserve nothing but the best hockey. We thank them for their continued support as we work toward our goals."

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I know that fan fights could happen in any NHL arena, however something like this could only happen in Philadelphia that starts off in the seats and continues in the bathroom.

Fan fights are great. In Detroit once I saw a Wings fan take a swing at a Leaf fan, guy ducked and he punched the guys girlfriend. Leaf fan tackled him into the stairwell and they rolled down together.

I've also been to a preseason game where a whole section in the lower bowl was fighting so they had to stop the 2nd period early and add time onto the 3rd while they sorted it out. All the players on the ice watched it for a bit.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Fan fights are great. In Detroit once I saw a Wings fan take a swing at a Leaf fan, guy ducked and he punched the guys girlfriend. Leaf fan tackled him into the stairwell and they rolled down together.

I've also been to a preseason game where a whole section in the lower bowl was fighting so they had to stop the 2nd period early and add time onto the 3rd while they sorted it out. All the players on the ice watched it for a bit.
The closest I ever came to witnessing a fan fight was in Tampa Bay when I first went to a Leafs and Lightning game down there in December 2007. It was during the intermission and I was walking through the concourse and I guess one Lightning fan must have bumped into another one and all of the sudden I started hearing them screaming at each other. I don't know if anything else happened because I kept walking and minding my own business.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
God, some of those Philly fans are the ultimate meatheads. Plumber-butt, beer-guzzling, quick-to-anger dullards. As boring as the SBC can be, I appreciate how civilized we are. Whenever I go to a game, there's always fans from other teams, but nobody bothers them. I honestly believe we're one of the most civilized fanbases in the NHL. I'll never post that on the mainboards though (they'll go bananas).....but just go to our rink and then visit other rink and it's obvious.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
God, some of those Philly fans are the ultimate meatheads. Plumber-butt, beer-guzzling, quick-to-anger dullards. As boring as the SBC can be, I appreciate how civilized we are. Whenever I go to a game, there's always fans from other teams, but nobody bothers them. I honestly believe we're one of the most civilized fanbases in the NHL. I'll never post that on the mainboards though (they'll go bananas).....but just go to our rink and then visit other rink and it's obvious.
When I was at Game 1 of the Leafs and Senators playoff series in 2004 that was played in Toronto, I was sitting up in the 300 level in the greens and someone wearing a Senators jersey was walking through and other Leafs fans started booing him, however it was all in good fun.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Interesting that people are OK with Kassian "self policing" after a bunch of hits from Tkachuk because the refs didn't get him for the first, more borderline hits. Kind of a different tune from last spring, I recall.

Kassian should have received a major and a game misconduct at the very least. Calling a roughing double minor was a joke.

Reactions: Menzinger

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Find myself cheering for Boston tonight: a) we need the Flyers to lose more so they don't gain ground in the Wild Card match up, and b) I would prefer a Toronto Tampa matchup so Boston being in first would work better. So if they stay out front, that's fine by me.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Find myself cheering for Boston tonight: a) we need the Flyers to lose more so they don't gain ground in the Wild Card match up, and b) I would prefer a Toronto Tampa matchup so Boston being in first would work better. So if they stay out front, that's fine by me.
I have the same line of thinking that if Boston can not be caught in the standings, than it's best for them to defeat other teams in chase of the Wild Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad