Around the League - 2019/20 Season Edition #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Their goaltending has been slipping, but they are also missing their best defenceman and several forwards, including two of their best defensive forwards.

If Toronto doesn't get to use the injury excuse, neither should anyone else IMO.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
If Toronto doesn't get to use the injury excuse, neither should anyone else IMO.
Not using it as an excuse, but just pointing it out. Like the Leafs, they are one of the teams with less depth.

Komarov was one of several players who was a -3 in that game, but their new savior, Pageau, was -5.

Reactions: Merrrlin

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Not using it as an excuse, but just pointing it out. Like the Leafs, they are one of the teams with less depth.

Komarov was one of several players who was a -3 in that game, but their new savior, Pageau, was -5.

Imo the number are just catching up with them.

They were using redhot goaltending to overcome poor underlying numbers and thats not usually sustainable

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Florida has one point for sure, I bet they do catch Toronto and even pass them up, just have that strange feeling

Boston wins! If the Leafs play hard the rest of the way, it's going to be difficult for Florida to catch them.

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Boston wins! If the Leafs play hard the rest of the way, it's going to be difficult for Florida to catch them.

I know, just talkin out of frustration, I talk smack sometimes when they drive me crazy and play bad. I was watching the overtime, nice to see Florida found a way to choke after playing a very solid defensive and very boring game I might add.

Reactions: Superstar

klmdg

Feb 18, 2016
Buffalo needs to start over with a new GM and run with Dahlin as the main man.

Botterill inexplicably bought at the deadline and announced the goal of having a big March to build momentum for next season.
His team has responded by losing 5 in a row.

Meanwhile, Captain Jack has gone MIA. He is pointless in his last 6 with 22:01 TOI, and a cool -8 during his cold snap.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Imo the number are just catching up with them.

They were using redhot goaltending to overcome poor underlying numbers and thats not usually sustainable
Not disputing that at all. But someone seemed to think that because Komarov was a -3 in that game, the loss was totally his fault. Just pointing out that he may not have been the only reason, and that injuries and poor goaltending may have been factors.

Reactions: Menzinger

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Sabres, get him out of his misery. I'm not an Eichel fan, but he deserves better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad