Around the League - 2019/20 Season Edition #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
I believe he isn't 100%. Extremely skilled, but injury prone. He still hasn't been able to pull off an 82 game season.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Who's watching this Bruins Tampa game? Playoff intensity. Love seeing Tampa take it to Boston

Watch this game right now and you know the Leafs would get destroyed in the playoffs

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
The same exact penalties Dermott gets called interference for, the Bruins do on every single play

Reactions: OddyOh

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Anyone watching Tampa / Boston ??

The Leafs arent even on the same planet as these 2 teams

Yes, I agree.

All these eastern teams have loaded up with toughness and skill, and we pale in comparison to a lot of them.

We need more players with an edge to their game.

Reactions: mcleex

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
When the playoffs began, anyone else can be on the same planet as the Tampa chokers- even the Leafs.

Tampa is on another planet when it matters least.

Right - years of dominant season and post season play is all for nothing, because they lost one playoff round in 4 games that one time. Makes sense.

Reactions: mcleex

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
When the playoffs began, anyone else can be on the same planet as the Tampa chokers- even the Leafs.

At least the current Tampa core have made it to the finals in 2015. I and many Leafs fans wouldn't be so hard on the team if we have witnessed a finals appearance before.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I was just looking at Barzal's stats and man his defensive numbers are awful on his team.

CA/60: 62.33(5th worst among regulars)
xGA/60: 2.52(2nd worst among regulars)
SCA/60: 30.67(2nd worst among regulars)
HDCA/60: 12.82(2nd worst among regulars)
OZ%: 59.25(2nd highest on the team. The only one higher is a teen in Dobson)

Those are terrible numbers. Good thing his offense is elite because defensively he doesn't do much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Menzinger

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019

Right - years of dominant season and post season play is all for nothing, because they lost one playoff round in 4 games that one time. Makes sense.

At least the current Tampa core have made it to the finals in 2015. I and many Leafs fans wouldn't be so hard on the team if we have witnessed a finals appearance before.

Its not hard to understand why fans are critical of a team when they haven't won a playoff round since the CBA was introduced (15 years ago), and haven't won a Cup (or made a Cup appearance) in 53 years.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I was just looking at Barzal's stats and man his defensive numbers are awful on his team.

CA/60: 62.33(5th worst among regulars)
xGA/60: 2.52(2nd worst among regulars)
SCA/60: 30.67(2nd worst among regulars)
HDCA/60: 12.82(2nd worst among regulars)
OZ%: 59.25(2nd highest on the team. The only one higher is a teen in Dobson)

Those are tertible numbers. Good thing his offense is elite because defensively he doesn't do much.

He's also horrible on the draw. Definitely shouldn't be a centre

Reactions: stickty111

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Its not hard to understand why fans are critical of a team when they haven't won a playoff round since the CBA was introduced (15 years ago), and haven't won a Cup (or made a Cup appearance) in 53 years.

what does any of that have to do with this team?
Who to this point have never missed the playoffs. Have had 2 straight 100pt seasons and went to 7 back to back against cup favorites?

do you think it’s fair If people hold things against you because someone you never met worked where you work before you were born, or you are wearing the same shirt as they did?

kinda silly

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Who to this point have never missed the playoffs. Have had 2 straight 100pt seasons and went to 7 back to back against cup favorites?

do you think it’s fair If people hold things against you because someone you never met worked where you work before you were born, or you are wearing the same shirt as they did?

kinda silly

I was talking about the fans of the team. Some fans seem to think as long as they can find another team (e.g. a divisional rival) that has done poorly at some point, that it somehow absolves this team from any criticism. You might have jumped the gun Mr. Shadow.

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Isles are now in the 2nd WC spot after the Canes win today. If Rangers can keep it up, Isles are in trouble.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Isles are now in the 2nd WC spot after the Canes win today. If Rangers can keep it up, Isles are in trouble.
Canes have a ridiculous goal differential. Only a matter of time before they started winning again.

Cheering for the Rangers so hard. The Islanders are going to be a disaster with all of those long term contracts on guys entering/already in their 30's.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Anybody watching the Vegas/Flames game on Sportsnet? Would much rather have this crew calling Leaf games than see Hughson/Simpson ever again.

Reactions: stickty111

horner

May 22, 2007
Bogosian is having a great game for Tampa.

He would have helped our depleted D corp.
Ii was wondering why we didn't sign him.
But some people here thought it was a bad idea even though at that time we had no d pretty much.
I believe we didn't even talk to him .

Ceci marincin or Bogo

Personally I would have taken a chance on him.

Reactions: CelticDruid

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

kinda silly

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->