Around the League - 2019/20 Season Edition #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Nice game between Islanders and Canucks. Both teams who have over achieved and are now falling.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Nice game between Islanders and Canucks. Both teams who have over achieved and are now falling.

I really hope Islanders miss the playoffs. Only team I wanna see fail more are the Oilers. I don’t mind the Oilers team I just hate the fanbase. I would rather eat dog crap than see that fanbase win another cup. Lol.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Barzal takes a silly penalty near the 2nd of the 2nd, and Canucks take advantage. The penalty came just after Isles had tied it. 4-3 Canucks after 2.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Great 3rd period. Canucks win in the shootout. Islanders lose their 7th straight.
Love the Islanders crashing.

Imagine the Islanders lose Barzal to an offer sheet and they crash hard as all those big contracts age horribly as guys enter their 30's. Lou taking what he did with the Leafs (Marleau,Martin,Zaitsev) to a whole new level on the Island.

At least our big contracts are for players aged 22-23 years old and Tavares averages just $5.5M after July 1st in year 5.

Reactions: stickty111

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

Imagine the Islanders lose Barzal to an offer sheet and they crash hard as all those big contracts age horribly as guys enter their 30's. Lou taking what he did with the Leafs (Marleau,Martin,Zaitsev) to a whole new level on the Island.

At least our big contracts are for players aged 22-23 years old and Tavares averages just $5.5M after July 1st in year 5.
That Pageau trade looking great.

Lou with another gem.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

It's great to see another team crash no doubt. I don't get the bolded though?

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
It's great to see another team crash no doubt. I don't get the bolded though?
People could make the case that the Tavares contract will end up being an albatross because of his age at the end of it, but if it comes down to it and he does fall off the rails it's a pretty cheap contract to move for the last 3 seasons.

I don't expect him to decline that much but it he does we'd be protected.

Reactions: stickty111

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
People could make the case that the Tavares contract will end up being an albatross because of his age at the end of it, but if it comes down to it and he does fall off the rails it's a pretty cheap contract to move for the last 3 seasons.

I don't expect him to decline that much but it he does we'd be protected.
Pretty sure he has a NMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->