Around the League - 2019/20 Season Edition #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
And I am happy about it. Rather play Boston anyways if we make it.
Me too. We actually match up well with Boston if the lineup is used optimally.

Our right side is much better at moving the puck than Hainsey and Zaitsev last year, and Keefe actually isn't afraid to change the lines/matchups or stack a line if neccessary. And you can bet that he plays Matthews more than 17 minutes in an elimination game when down 2-0 early if it happens.

Marchand literally said we didn't do anything different so it was easy to play us last year. They pinched our LD because our RD couldn't make a pass and they owned us in the last two games of that series.

Reactions: stickty111

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Did Detroit just beat the Habs for the 4th time this season in regulation? :laugh:

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Down to basically 11 teams for 8 spots. Habs would likely have to go 17-3-0 to have a chance at the playoffs, Sabres aren't much better.

Based on goal differential the locks would appear to be:

Boston
Tampa

Pittsburgh
Washington
Philly
Carolina

Then likely a battle between us and Florida for a divisional spot, and the Islanders/Blue Jackets/ with an outside shot the Rangers for the 2nd wild card.

If we can't beat 3 of those 5 teams for a spot with the talent we have we might as well get crazy trading guys at the draft.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Wow, I just heard that in Boston's 4 home games during the Stanley Cup final against St.Louis the calls were 14 against the Blues to 3 against them.

That's some mighty fine home cooking.
That reminds me of Game 5 against Boston in 2018 when the Leafs were down 3-1 in the series and had the last six penalties called against them between the 2nd and 3rd periods, however they still won 4-3.

Toronto Maple Leafs at Boston Bruins Box Score — April 21, 2018 | Hockey-Reference.com

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Look at this BS league: Boston gets 7 PPs and Edmonton gets 6 PPs. It's only when the Leafs play that they get 1 or 2, or more if the game is out of reach for them during garbage time game management.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Look at this BS league: Boston gets 7 PPs and Edmonton gets 6 PPs. It's only when the Leafs play that they get 1 or 2, or more if the game is out of reach for them during garbage time game management.
I have not watch the game, can’t really comment. The score was 2-1 though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad