Around the League - 2019/20 Season Edition #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Seriously, the officiating just can't keep up with the game today.

Not sure what the answer is, just live with the poor calls I guess.

Montreal had no powerplays against Dallas...it's ridiculous...I mean, is someone helping Dallas to make sure they get in the playoffs? Because the refs screwed the Leafs too last game against Dallas...how come no diving fine on that Dallas player for the penalty against Tavares in the 3rd period that led to the gaming winning goal for them?

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Thankfully Panthers have been inept lately. Their record is 3-6-1 in the last 10 games.

Something else to talk about besides the officiating I guess.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Montreal had no powerplays against Dallas...it's ridiculous...I mean, is someone helping Dallas to make sure they get in the playoffs? Because the refs screwed the Leafs too last game against Dallas...how come no diving fine on that Dallas player for the penalty against Tavares in the 3rd period that led to the gaming winning goal for them?

I don't have a problem complaining about something that is wrong.

That's usually how things get better.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Seriously, the officiating just can't keep up with the game today.

Not sure what the answer is, just live with the poor calls I guess.
I think they will expand the video review to having a 3rd referee in the game but he will be watching from above. If he sees something that the refs missed, he/she will inform the refs and let the refs review it(only once and not watch the review 10 times), to determine whether there should be a penalty or not.
Having said that, Hockey is a contact sports and it is hard for the refs to draw a balance between letting the team plays or just make every calls.
One thing refs and the leagues need to do is being consistent with their rules. Refs need to be consistent with their calls throughout the game while League needs to be consistent with their punishments.
One thing I tend to Notice is that if a player is down(injured or not) due to an illegal contact by another player, that player will be suspended, or Kane. However, if the player is okay and fought back right away...the player with the illegal hit will get off lightly, ie Chara on Gallagher. If someone like me can notice this, pretty sure GMs and Coaches can too, will this lead to more flopping or just players taking a few seconds before standing up and skating in hope of getting a penalty on the opposing team or suspension for the opposing player(Think playoffs and or regular season), that’s remain to be seen.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Tampa's re-emerged as a Cup contender.
They reminds me of the Nucks 10 yrs ago. What they did last year is literally the exact same thing Nucks did when they won the president trophy, having top offense and defense. Top players and top goalie....

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
After watching the crosschecking incident with Marchand, and in light of the Evander Kane suspension/rant, as well as the top not reffing the Leafs receive, I wonder how Marchand's career would have gone had he been a Leaf this whole time.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
WTF is that elite leech Draisaitl think he is doing scoring 3 more points last night without his host McJesus ? Now leads the league in scoring with 95 points, 13 points up on Pasta. And to think some of Dubas' deciples think Nylander is the better player (as good as he has been and is 44 points behind).

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
WTF is that elite leech Draisaitl think he is doing scoring 3 more points last night without his host McJesus ? Now leads the league in scoring with 95 points, 13 points up on Pasta. And to think some of Dubas' deciples think Nylander is the better player (as good as he has been and is 44 points behind).
We should all just stay away from Draisaitl arguments on the main boards. I've seen some embarrassing stuff from our fanbase on there.

Draisaitl is a great player. That's fine. No need to get defensive. Even if they think he's better than Matthews. He may be. It's too early in both of their careers to draw that conclusion, but if they feel that way......fine. It's not like it's a huge exaggeration or anything.

Reactions: ToneDog

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
This is funny how Claude Julien got $10,000 for bashing the refs on Saturday, which is more than the $5,000 Chara got for cross checking Gallagher in his neck.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I am kind of torn. On one hand, I want the Leafs to make the playoffs as anything can happen in the playoffs.
On another, unless Leafs is in the WC spot and get to play against the Caps. I just don’t see them being able to beat TB and Bruins. On top of that, looking at what rentals could fetch, Barrie will return some really good assets. Too bad Ceci is hurt but I am sure some desperate team might still send a late rounder in hopes he can play in the playoffs.

Also, I think it is a good lesson to the young leafs not to take any games or seasons for granted, they need to know there is a possibility of not making the playoffs

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Its imperative we face TB and not Boston, been watching a lot of their games lately. Boston is on another level entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad