Around the League - 2019/20 Season Edition #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
TSN.CA

The Edmonton Oilers will welcome back star centre Connor McDavid to their lineup Sunday night when they take on the Los Angeles Kings. McDavid has been out since sustaining a quad injury earlier in February. The Oilers are 3-2-1 without McDavid in the lineup.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
TSN.CA

The Edmonton Oilers will welcome back star centre Connor McDavid to their lineup Sunday night when they take on the Los Angeles Kings. McDavid has been out since sustaining a quad injury earlier in February. The Oilers are 3-2-1 without McDavid in the lineup.

They also played without Kassian in some of those wins...Klefbohm is hurt too.

Reactions: ULF_55

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Carolina Hurricanes
  • F Vincent Trocheck
Florida Panthers
  • F Erik Haula
  • F Lucas Wallmark
  • F Eetu Luostarinen
  • D Chase Priskie
Is that going to help Florida in the battle with our Leafs for that same playoff spot.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Sens could turn it around quick, they've got three 1st round picks this year. Potentially two in the top 5.

The question is whether Melnyk will pay those guys when it’s their time.

Reactions: Merrrlin

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Carolina Hurricanes
  • F Vincent Trocheck
Florida Panthers
  • F Erik Haula
  • F Lucas Wallmark
  • F Eetu Luostarinen
  • D Chase Priskie
Is that going to help Florida in the battle with our Leafs for that same playoff spot.

IMO that's a terrible trade for Florida, but at the same time, Trochek was part of the problem there in recent times. Carolina has the culture to absorb a talented player like Trocheck, so it's a mega win for them.

Mar 14, 2011
Florida is really trying hard to one up the Leafs in frustrating their masochist fans. Trading a 50+ point forward on a very cheap contract with term for that garbage? Wow.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
IMO that's a terrible trade for Florida, but at the same time, Trochek was part of the problem there in recent times. Carolina has the culture to absorb a talented player like Trocheck, so it's a mega win for them.

Feels like the Panthers are detecting a Dave Bolland situation on Trocheck and cutting bait.

Maybe Eetu Luostarinen is supposed to do something for them down the line.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
The big teams in the east got bigger and stronger with more depth added. For that reason alone I am really looking forward to some world-class games in the playoffs.

The east will be filled with game seven series slug fests.
Boston, TBL, Washington, NYI, and to a lesser degree the Flyers and Penguins have all beefed up.

Last team standing will probably face the Vegas Golden Knights in the west and
I'm going to go with the Tampa Bay Lightning in the east

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
The big teams in the east got bigger and stronger with more depth added. For that reason alone I am really looking forward to some world-class games in the playoffs.

The east will be filled with game seven series slug fests.
Boston, TBL, Washington, NYI, and to a lesser degree the Flyers and Penguins have all beefed up.

Last team standing will probably face the Vegas Golden Knights in the west and
I'm going to go with the Tampa Bay Lightning in the east

Yep, that TB defense is full of big men...looks like they've been building that up over the last couple of years...shortest guy is 6'00, everyone else is 6'2" and taller...you can't teach size.

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
How many playoff games has Bogosian played?

Yes, Tampa is stupid.
No idea.
Zero?
I would take him.
I like Bogosian.
Big.
Strong.
Mean.
Tons of experience.
I bet 10 Teams would have been happy to get him yesterday.
Not Toronto though.
Only a Team that thinks it can go deep in the playoffs.
Ceartianly better than half of our D.
We disagree.
That's cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad