Around the League - 2019/20 Season Edition #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Last night Jamie Benn does this dirty and illegal hit on Oliver Ekman-Larsson which inclded a game misconduct, however he's not going to be suspended.

However earlier this season Alex Kerfoot got suspended 2 games for this.

Reactions: OddyOh

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Last night Jamie Benn does this dirty and illegal hit on Oliver Ekman-Larsson which inclded a game misconduct, however he's not going to be suspended.

However earlier this season Alex Kerfoot got suspended 2 games for this.

Parros is a f***ing joke and he has CTE for sure, this is bullshit. That was way worse than Kadri on Wingels from the playoffs a few years ago.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Parros is a f*cking joke and he has CTE for sure, this is bullshit. That was way worse than Kadri on Wingels from the playoffs a few years ago.
There is part of me that believes Parros has it in for the Leafs because his career basically ended when he had that fight with Colton Orr, even though he was willing to do that and it was a horrible accident with his head hitting the ice.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
There is part of me that believes Parros has it in for the Leafs because his career basically ended when he had that fight with Colton Orr, even though he was willing to do that and it was a horrible accident with his head hitting the ice.

Wouldn't be surprised if he hates the Toronto Maple Leafs...and the thing is, he doesn't need to tell or admit that to anybody while doing his job, but his body of work doesn't lie and shows his true color...rightly or wrongly, people could hold a grudge, and some people are very petty and never find it in their hearts to let the past go.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Parros is a f*cking joke and he has CTE for sure, this is bullshit. That was way worse than Kadri on Wingels from the playoffs a few years ago.

That Benn hit was dirty...you could see that he was going for the puck at first, then changed his mind to go for that nasty hit when he couldn't reach the puck.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Kadri is second in the league in PIM
However so far he's had 0 suspensions with the Avalanche. After he was traded I wonder how many games he would get the next time he does something illegal during a game, to really see if it makes a difference if him playing in Toronto had to do with the number of previous games he was suspended.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Anyone else glad to see the Jets fall off a cliff?
Never really care about them till they drafted Laine and the constant Laine is better than AM....and Maurice also like
to take a jab at Leafs here and there annoyed me too. But overall, don’t really care about that Jets. They don’t play in the same conference and not like there were history between us.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Reactions: LeafsNation75

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Must be awful seeing Lucic skate around doing nothing, getting paid mega millions and using up all that cap space.

What a plug.

I still haven't got a clue why Calgary traded James Neal for Lucic...lol...Treliving completely let the Oilers off the hook with that bad contract...Ken Holland must have been beaming when the offer was on the table.

Reactions: CelticDruid and kb

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I still haven't got a clue why Calgary traded James Neal for Lucic...lol...Treliving completely let the Oilers off the hook with that bad contract...Ken Holland must have been beaming when the offer was on the table.

Both teams knew what they were doing.

Both threw Hail Mary passes.

Not a great deal of benefit to buy him out.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Both teams knew what they were doing.

Both threw Hail Mary passes.

Not a great deal of benefit to buy him out.

It's not a good look for Calgary...they signed Neal as a UFA, then traded him a year later when he had an off year...Neal is a much better goal scorer than Lucic throughout his career, and even in his year with Vegas, he scored 25 goals while Lucic except for the 1st year, has been laughable in his last 2 years with the Oilers and ain't much better with the Flames...I think Calgary wasn't deploying Neal properly when they had him. Holland caught a big break with Lucic because I didn't think any team would take him at his salary and term.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Sabres beating the Pens 5-1 with 6 min left in the third, now all of a sudden our 4-0 victory over the Pens doesn't seem all that special anymore.

Reactions: HEAVY DUTY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad