Around the League 2019-20 Pt3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
No doubt. But what I can’t stand, for a guy at the highest level, he constantly over back checks and stares at the puck in his zone while his guy gets open regularly. Those things to me just seem like easy things a coach could fix. I don’t get it sometimes.

for sure......he has lots of company watch guys like Seguin and Benn in their scoring heyday they always did the fly byes and cheated for Offense. Ovi just didn’t defend for over a decade. Patty Kane sucks at that part of the game.

Not saying Mark should get a pass it pisses me off but I am trying to let it go a bit because it is what it is while Oatzy is coaching him.

Last edited:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Makes one appreciate two way beasts like Barkov, Kopitar, Couturier, And King Bergeron. Honestly a 26 year old Bryan Little would have made a great 2nd line centre for the Jets now. Prime Little, Wheeler, Connor would work well this season. He was always such a solid 200 foot player in those Ladd-Little-Wheeler days before the injuries started to take their toll and chip away.

Reactions: Duke749 and surixon

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Did anyone complain about Scheifele during our playoff run?
Had we not been eliminated he’d have been the Conn Smythe winner easily.
Don’t care about his perceived lack of defence

Reactions: KingBogo

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Makes one appreciate two way beasts like Barkov, Kopitar, Couturier, And King Bergeron. Honestly a 26 year old Bryan Little would have made a great 2nd line centre for the Jets now. Prime Little, Wheeler, Connor would work well this season. He was always such a solid 200 foot player in those Ladd-Little-Wheeler days before the injuries started to take their toll and chip away.

Sigh, if only we'd had the chance to draft Couturier. :sarcasm:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

I care because it's hurting the team. And people make too much of that playoff run. Rinne maintains his Vezina form, we're out in the second round. Which I would have preferred to seeing them embarrassed by an expansion team. With Maurice at the helm, that team was never in danger of winning the Cup IMO.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Well Scheifele amped his game up that run. He dominated possession and scoring chances while putting up a lot of points. I think that is why people get annoyed with him at times in the regular season. He is clearly capable of playing elite all around hockey but tends to take the foot off the gas I hsi end at times in the regular season.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Well Scheifele amped his game up that run. He dominated possession and scoring chances while putting up a lot of points. I think that is why people get annoyed with him at times in the regular season. He is clearly capable of playing elite all around hockey but tends to take the foot off the gas I hsi end at times in the regular season.

Could it be that since his line sees so much TOI that he/they decided to make shortcuts and conserve their energy on defensive play? Perhaps they would have more in the tank to play harder defensively if Maurice spread the minutes more?

(I wasn't able to watch much hockey this season, so that problem could have been rectified already)

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Could it be that since his line sees so much TOI that he/they decided to make shortcuts and conserve their energy on defensive play? Perhaps they would have more in the tank to play harder defensively if Maurice spread the minutes more?

(I wasn't able to watch much hockey this season, so that problem could have been rectified already)

I have often speculated that Maurice overplayed them.

Lower energy levels could lead to taking short cuts to conserve energy.

Given our depth upfront there shouldn't be a need to ride his top line that hard moving forward.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Winnipeg NHL player Brendan Leipsic apologizes after 'offensive' conversations circulate online

It's not everyday you see the exact moment when someone's professional hockey career ends.

If you read through the texts (they're still out there), you will see Mike Keane's kid Jackson is part of this circle of jerks. Am I gobsmacked by any of this? No. The hockey world is full of alpha twits who hold sexist and racist beliefs. Not saying a majority, but it is prevalent. Anyone that thinks all members of the Jets are paragons of family values and political correctness would probably be shocked and dismayed if they got a glimpse into some of their private lives.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
If you read through the texts (they're still out there), you will see Mike Keane's kid Jackson is part of this circle of jerks. Am I gobsmacked by any of this? No. The hockey world is full of alpha twits who hold sexist and racist beliefs. Not saying a majority, but it is prevalent. Anyone that thinks all members of the Jets are paragons of family values and political correctness would probably be shocked and dismayed if they got a glimpse into some of their private lives.

Which is why I don't hold athletes in high regard outside of their area of expertise.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Hey Brendan Leipsic enjoy your new career in the KHL!
Killarney House League.
Socially stunted and that goes for his social circle.
I’m thinking he’s not the norm in that age group.
He needs counseling seriously.

Reactions: sipowicz

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Regarding the "hockey players are just dumbass people like you and me, too" topic:

I finally found Spittin Chiclets (yeah I know I'm pretty late to the party ....) and OH BOOOOOOOOOOOY I might have spent the last 10ish hours of free time of my life digging through those interviews.

The Tim Stapleton one? Incredible. I could have listened to him for 2 more hours at least.

The Sean Avery one? WOW I might be weirdo saying that but since I'm sometimes a narcistic, sophisticated misunderstood weirdo myself, I absolutely love Sean Avery now :D What a fascinating person. Incredible. He's probably incredibly hard to handle if you wanna be with him for longer amounts of times but that half an hour with him and Biz Nasty walking through NYC was so entertaining and interesting.

The Josh Hennessey story about his first 24 hours in Russia? Like... if you make a movie out of that story, everyone would be annoyed by the amount of stereotypical bullshit about Russians and noboldy would believe it :laugh: Incredible!

The Cam Janssen one was super interesting as well.

And I feel like I just barely scratched the surface. Anybody else here with some episode recommendations?

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Regarding the "hockey players are just dumbass people like you and me, too" topic:

I finally found Spittin Chiclets (yeah I know I'm pretty late to the party ....) and OH BOOOOOOOOOOOY I might have spent the last 10ish hours of free time of my life digging through those interviews.

The Tim Stapleton one? Incredible. I could have listened to him for 2 more hours at least.

The Sean Avery one? WOW I might be weirdo saying that but since I'm sometimes a narcistic, sophisticated misunderstood weirdo myself, I absolutely love Sean Avery now :D What a fascinating person. Incredible. He's probably incredibly hard to handle if you wanna be with him for longer amounts of times but that half an hour with him and Biz Nasty walking through NYC was so entertaining and interesting.

The Josh Hennessey story about his first 24 hours in Russia? Like... if you make a movie out of that story, everyone would be annoyed by the amount of stereotypical bullshit about Russians and noboldy would believe it :laugh: Incredible!

The Cam Janssen one was super interesting as well.

And I feel like I just barely scratched the surface. Anybody else here with some episode recommendations?

I had the very good fortune of hanging out with Tim Stapleton the last time he was in town for a playoff game. He is really good friends with a buddy of mine so we went for lunch on game day. I can tell you that he is even more funny in person. He told the long form story of his time with Iron Mike Keenan in Russia that literally had me in tears and this was a weekday lunch when I was on my first beer. I know he shared some of it on Spitten Chiclets but I got the unedited version. He loves to tell stories and he is great at telling stories.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I had the very good fortune of hanging out with Tim Stapleton the last time he was in town for a playoff game. He is really good friends with a buddy of mine so we went for lunch on game day. I can tell you that he is even more funny in person. He told the long form story of his time with Iron Mike Keenan in Russia that literally had me in tears and this was a weekday lunch when I was on my first beer. I know he shared some of it on Spitten Chiclets but I got the unedited version. He loves to tell stories and he is great at telling stories.

Man if I ever come around to the Peg you're not gonna get rid of me buddy. I'm so gonna glue on you and your connections and be like a parasite sucking them off of you. Not even kidding here.

Reactions: ps241 and Romang67

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Man if I ever come around to the Peg you're not gonna get rid of me buddy. I'm so gonna glue on you and your connections and be like a parasite sucking them off of you. Not even kidding here.

Its a deal!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad