Around the League 2019-20 Pt3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Jets were the only Vegas opponent in the playoffs with a CF% above 50% (adjusted 5v5) and ran an xGF% of 54% (5v5 and all situations, score and venue adjusted).

For what it's worth, the Jets also had the best shot metrics of any opponent of the Blues in last year's playoffs.

But I'm sure that many who normally use shot metrics to critique the Jets will continue to ignore these stats and maintain alternative narratives.

Reactions: Krauser

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I remember him standing on his head in (I think) Game 3.
I'm not saying it was the only reason we lost, I'm saying it was the main reason. The Jets had a pretty good offensive team that year.
They win Game 1 (by scoring 4 goals) and then score 6 goals in 4 games. That tells me goaltending might have had something to do with the outcome.

I think we were both out-coached and out-goalied.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Clock approaching midnight for the Habs. Not even Price's .950 goaltending looks to save them.
They have a great young center corps. They aren't all that far away from consistently making the playoffs. Bergevin is going to get a nice sum for Domi.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
They have a great young center corps. They aren't all that far away from consistently making the playoffs. Bergevin is going to get a nice sum for Domi.

You think so? I mean they probably shouldn't have even made the playoffs. Suzuki is good but Kotk6aniemi hasn't shown anything IMO. They have a ton of draft picks but I am not sure how they really stack up long term

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
You think so? I mean they probably shouldn't have even made the playoffs. Suzuki is good but Kotk6aniemi hasn't shown anything IMO. They have a ton of draft picks but I am not sure how they really stack up long term

In a way, they remind me of the Casucks. They would’ve been in tonight to have made the playoffs if it weren’t for COVID but now everyone is creaming their jeans for them because they get to play Binnington after midnight.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Byron Danault Suzuki Kotka Domi Poehling are all pretty good.
They need help elsewhere, not down center.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
They call him Johnny Regular Season Hockey for a reason, you know.

He should be friends with Connor Regular Season Hellebuyck. I'm sure they would have some grand times together reminiscing about all the post-season games where they sucked.

"ha ha, remember when you missed that wide open net?"
"ha ha, remember when you left that wide open net?"

Good times, good times. :nod:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
He should be friends with Connor Regular Season Hellebuyck. I'm sure they would have some grand times together reminiscing about all the post-season games where they sucked.

"ha ha, remember when you missed that wide open net?"
"ha ha, remember when you left that wide open net?"

Good times, good times. :nod:
:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad