Around The League 2019-20 part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
The Habs needed a back up goalie badly and Price’s strong play in these playoffs was seen as another sign that giving 60+ starts was likely wearing him down and making him less effective. That’s a lot a money to spend on goalies but Montreal has 3 2nds and had 2 3rds so it’s no biggie in terms of assets.

Teams aren’t going to be giving away good players and Allen had an excellent season. We’re at a disadvantages, we don’t have any 2nds and just one 3rd, when it comes to smaller deals like that. We can really only go big with an extra 1st or take on cap dump for a bribe. Several teams have a bunch of extra picks they will probably move, for instance Blake mentioned the Kings are starting to have too many prospects in the pipeline already after all the trades which makes it likely that they will trade some of their 3 2nds and 2 3rds to move up or get a player.

Allen’s a cap casualty, the Blues would rather have him than the Caps 3rd and a slightly improved 7th. That’s what we’re looking for.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I’d take Bozak and Dunn off their hands. They’d fill out the roster nicely. Add a scoring winger and the team would look ok.

I would definitely take both of their hands.

Maybe Wood + pick for Dunn + Bozak?

Try to poach Killorn off of Tampa to fill Wood’s spot and look to sign a defensive defender in this UFA market and I think we’d be set.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

Try to poach Killorn off of Tampa to fill Wood’s spot and look to sign a defensive defender in this UFA market and I think we’d be set.

not that it means much, but a few STL fans agreed to Dunn, Bozak and a 2020 3rd for the Canucks 2020 1st

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country

St. Louis is probably looking for a wing that can score with Tarasenko out for what could be the season. Also I doubt they will be doing anything like this until AP has agreed to terms.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Allen was .927 last year with 24 GP. He has a $4.35 cap hit for one year. I do not see that as a player with negative value.

I didn't think he had negative value, I didn't think that he would return a third in a limited market (of course, I didn't anticipate Montreal in on him either). I didn't expect to see Kapanen yield his return either.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Kevin Durant is a gutless puke. I’m hoping Hall isn’t.

It’s slightly different, Hall’s been on nothing but garbage teams his whole career sans sneaking into the playoffs twice, I can hardly blame him for wanting to be on a legit good team for once. Durant was already on a very good team that blew a series it had in the bag against a 73-win Warriors team, then he goes to them after losing to snipe a couple of rings.

Reactions: nugg and My3Sons

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Once the ltir goes through, not sure they have to move Dunn. Tarasenko is like a 7m cushion
And as you pointed out Steen, who has a 5.75m cap hit on his last year, was hurt and if he starts the year on LTIR they may just leave him on it.

The issue with any Bozak trade is he has a modified NTC with 10 team no trade list and the Devils are going to be on that list. Bozak has some value, if they needed to move him they could give us something other than Dunn to retain some of his 5m, not necessarily even 50%, and we flip him to a 3rd team who also gives us something. I’m not sure exactly what the Blues give us for that, the Blues don’t have ‘20 or ‘21 2nd and they’re light on prospects, but they can figure out ways to keep Dunn if that’s what they want.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
It’s slightly different, Hall’s been on nothing but garbage teams his whole career sans sneaking into the playoffs twice, I can hardly blame him for wanting to be on a legit good team for once. Durant was already on a very good team that blew a series it had in the bag against a 73-win Warriors team, then he goes to them after losing to snipe a couple of rings.

While you are correct it doesn’t change anything I said about either player.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
But what would be your comparable of Hall being gutless? There's no collusus NHL team that would just be an automatic winner. The closest allegory I could come up to is taking a one-year deal to try to snipe a ring in Tampa, not like we haven't seen that move backfire before though (Kariya/Selanne and Hossa). Plus a lot of guys might be taking one-year deals in the pandemic offseason regardless.

If anything the more gutless move in his case would be just to go to another loser for the biggest paycheck and pretty much give up any chance of ever winning or being relevant.

Reactions: Nicomo Cosca

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
But what would be your comparable of Hall being gutless? There's no collusus NHL team that would just be an automatic winner. The closest allegory I could come up to is taking a one-year deal to try to snipe a ring in Tampa, not like we haven't seen that move backfire before though (Kariya/Selanne and Hossa)

If he takes a steep discount to sign a two year deal with COL that’s weak and gutless in my view. If he signs a slightly below market value deal with COL (like $500k to at most $750k below market) for six or seven years I’m fine with him.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
I didn't think he had negative value, I didn't think that he would return a third in a limited market (of course, I didn't anticipate Montreal in on him either). I didn't expect to see Kapanen yield his return either.
Generally speaking I think the better values with respect to trades will be next year as opposed to this year. The cap teams were probably estimating the cap to go up $2 million or so when they were planning last year. That should not cause that much trouble this year.

The other issue with STL IMO is do they view themselves as a real contender without Tarasenko or someone to replace his production? Could they do a "Red Sox move" if AP does not agree to a reasonable deal and not place much value on the 20-21 season? Just thinking out loud on this one.

Reactions: Forge

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Lebrun said that for a team like Carolina to acquire Laine, it would have to be something around Pesce and Trocheck

not sure we could match an offer like that if that is the price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad