Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
What is he ranking exactly here?

here is what he defines it as:

This year’s organizational ranking will be different than previous years. First, it is occurring before the NHL Draft and not after, although I will make an updated version following the draft.

Second, this year’s version will have full evaluations with tool grades of all players in an organization who are 22 years old or younger as of Sept. 15, 2020, regardless of how many NHL games they’ve played, to go along with the rest of the players in the pipeline.

It will not include skaters older than 22 as of Sept. 15, 2020, who have played 25 NHL games in a season or 50 career games; goalies with 10 games in a season or 25 in a career; nor any player age 26 or older as of Sept. 15, 2020.
Thus, all players from the 2016 to 2019 NHL drafts who were first-year eligible at their draft are incorporated into this year’s organizational rankings.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Thank you ZBC, I do remember you posting this explanation previously now.

Any guesses to where the Devils will land?

Definitely the top half of the league, probably close to the top 10

just for reference, they were 12th in preseason last year and have since added Nolan Foote and Kevin Bahl along with Kuokkanen to the organization

Reactions: My3Sons

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Definitely the top half of the league, probably close to the top 10

just for reference, they were 12th in preseason last year and have since added Nolan Foote and Kevin Bahl along with Kuokkanen to the organization

I was thinking 10th myself. For the updated ranking after the draft I could see us creep up into the top 7 if we use at least 2 of the 3 1sts to draft.

D3vilsH0ck3y

Jun 10, 2013
The Avs by far and away are the most overrated team on this site. What an embarrassing display against a team that is mediocre at best.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Avs by far and away are the most overrated team on this site. What an embarrassing display against a team that is mediocre at best.
Dallas isn’t mediocre. They’ve gotten much better since Roman Polak decided to bail on the restart by signing over in Europe.

He played way too many minutes for being possibly the worst defenseman in the league.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I guess we’ll see Hutchinson in for the next period.

Francouz probably starts game 5 though.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas

I don't know that they are mediocre. The D is legit and the offense is just deciding to show up

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
So here is a question

If Both The Islanders and Lightning face each other in the conference finals are we cheering for team Pickles or Team Green?

I respect the hell out of both but I'd lean towards Coleman because he doesn't play for a division rival.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
They may have lost their mojo when their goalie went down. It happens. They are also young. It takes years to develop the crust and callouses you need to win in the playoffs.
Dallas lost their starting goalie as well and Khudobin’s never started in a playoff game until this year.

I agree that Colorado does seem to lack vets. The only grizzled playoff vet on the team is Ian Cole and I feel like people would make a bigger deal about their GM not bringing in guys who “know how to win” if he wasn’t Joe Sakic. It’s interesting that he felt no need to bring the equivalent of Claude Lemieux. The forward core is really in their prime now, it’s Girard and Maker who need more marinating.

Reactions: My3Sons

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Servalli apparently is saying that the Jets are dangling Laine and Ehlers as trade bait (on the main board). One of the Jets fans are saying that Laine apparently wants a huge marner like second contract, which is a hard pass lol. But Ehlers is always has been a really intriguing piece.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Seravalli: Expect to see Laine and Ehlers on TSN Trade Bait Board

I didn't bother to listen to the whole conversation, but here's Seravelli's radio spot in Winnipeg (starts around the 13 minute mark). Nothing particularly concrete other than the thought that Winnipeg's greater needs are a top pairing D and a #2 center. But yeah, just the fact that it was casually mentioned at the end of the segment doesn't sound like anything's on the verge of happening.

Last edited:

beekay414

#FireEveryone
Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
So, if the seeding for the play-in games was based on point percentage, how the hell did Nashville and Vancouver get the 6th and 7th seeds over Calgary? Is the NHL bad at math?

Calgary had 79 points in 70 games, which equals out to a .886 point percentage
Nashville and Vancouver had 78 points in 69 games, which equals out to a .8846 (.885 being clean) percentage

Uhhh...what?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Meh, this seems like a thinly veiled attempt at getting the young guys to play harder. Does any other team offer equal value for the privilege of paying Laine $11 mil per year? If Laine wants out of WPG just have the agent tell them and sign an RFA deal that goes to arbitration rights and then have the arbitrator award the salary and then leave. It's not an easy fix but it is a certain one and gives the team every incentive to trade him. My guess is that Ehlers is a bit of a perimeter player and the team wants him getting his nose dirty. There likely isn't a trade for either player that WPG "wins" and I don't think their management is foolish enough to play this out in the media if they really wanted to trade them.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So, if the seeding for the play-in games was based on point percentage, how the hell did Nashville and Vancouver get the 6th and 7th seeds over Calgary? Is the NHL bad at math?

Calgary had 79 points in 70 games, which equals out to a .886 point percentage
Nashville and Vancouver had 78 points in 69 games, which equals out to a .8846 (.885 being clean) percentage

Uhhh...what?

You're dividing it inversely. Point percentage is points divided by games played.

Vancouver 78/69 = 1.1304 points per game
Calgary 79/70 = 1.1285 points per game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad