Around The League 2019-20 part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
they only had to spend a second round pick to save almost $6 million on a cap hit? what the f***

why i often laugh at people on here who post these insane deals for prospects and picks just for the devils to take on cap space. doesn't work that way because there are a lot of bad teams that bid against one another to get those assets and drive the price down.

Camille the Eel

That would be an ideal trade for us and the Lightning. As much as I would like Cernak on our blueline, Killorn would be an excellent addition to our lineup.

He’s a hard nose player that’s been through it all and would be a great influence around our youngsters.

That and the fact that he grew up 10 minutes away from where I lived is just another added bonus for me.
Killorn is a center, right? Anyway where does he fit in our lineup? Isn’t he duplicating Zajac? I am not sure we need more forwards generally. We’ve got a log jam at all positions and plenty of talent at Bing we can’t find a slot for. The only moves that really make sense for us involve upgrading or reshuffling our Defense. As to which I think we probably need to keep those slots open too in order to see what we have in Smith and others. Let the new staff coach them up and see.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Killorn is a center, right? Anyway where does he fit in our lineup? Isn’t he duplicating Zajac? I am not sure we need more forwards generally. We’ve got a log jam at all positions and plenty of talent at Bing we can’t find a slot for. The only moves that really make sense for us involve upgrading or reshuffling our Defense. As to which I think we probably need to keep those slots open too in order to see what we have in Smith and others. Let the new staff coach them up and see.

Killorn is a right wing.

we absolutely need at least one more forward, if not 2.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016

Killorn plays on the wing and would bring some much needed veteran presence to a very young team. He’s a hard nose player that can really help out someone like Hughes and we need a gritty top 6 forward, especially at right wing.

He has 3 years remaining on his deal and if he doesn’t like it here, he would hold the same type of value Coleman had when we moved him.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Killorn is a right wing.

we absolutely need at least one more forward, if not 2.

Not sure I agree if we're keeping Palmieri and Gusev.

Hischier
Hughes
Palmieri
Gusev
Bratt
Zajac
Zacha
Wood
Anderson
Boqvist
McLeod
Kuokkonen
Merkley

Then there's guys that could surprise and make the team like Foote, there's guys like Hayden and Rooney that we hate but at least one of them will be back.

If we get Rossi at #7 he will probably make the team, I think we have too many forwards. Not that I wouldn't take Killorn if he was cheap, but I don't suspect he actually will be.

Reactions: glenwo2

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Not sure I agree if we're keeping Palmieri and Gusev.

Hischier
Hughes
Palmieri
Gusev
Bratt
Zajac
Zacha
Wood
Anderson
Boqvist
McLeod
Kuokkonen
Merkley

Then there's guys that could surprise and make the team like Foote, there's guys like Hayden and Rooney that we hate but at least one of them will be back.

If we get Rossi at #7 he will probably make the team, I think we have too many forwards. Not that I wouldn't take Killorn if he was cheap, but I don't suspect he actually will be.

you literally cannot count on anything more than being 4th liners at this point from any of the bolded. They need to bring in at LEAST one forward from outside the organization this offseason.

If they go into the season with that as the forward core, they will undoubtedly be bottom 5 in goals scored again.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
you literally cannot count on anything more than being 4th liners at this point from any of the bolded. They need to bring in at LEAST one forward from outside the organization this offseason.

If they go into the season with that as the forward core, they will undoubtedly be bottom 5 in goals scored again.

Hard disagree on Anderson, he has already proven that he is more than a 4th liner, and Wood can play on the 3rd line. I also saw enough from Merkley last season that I'd be okay with him on the 3rd line.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Hard disagree on Anderson, he has already proven that he is more than a 4th liner, and Wood can play on the 3rd line. I also saw enough from Merkley last season that I'd be okay with him on the 3rd line.

Anderson has 5 full net goals in 52 NHL games. I like his game but he has not demonstrated that he can score at a 3rd line level.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

yeah I just don't agree.

Miles Wood should not be anything more than a 4th liner. We have already given him enough chances and every time he is given a bigger role, he fails spectacularly. In fact, I would trade him for pretty much anything of value at this point.

I like Anderson a lot too but he is not an NHL 3rd liner. At least he has not shown that he is yet.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
yeah I just don't agree.

Miles Wood should not be anything more than a 4th liner. We have already given him enough chances and every time he is given a bigger role, he fails spectacularly. In fact, I would trade him for pretty much anything of value at this point.

I like Anderson a lot too but he is not an NHL 3rd liner. At least he has not shown that he is yet.

Miles Wood scores at a 3rd line rate, and while he's weak defensively, he's also very physical and plays a good energy game. Would I want him on the third line when the team is ready for playoff contention in 2-3 years? No, but he's serviceable in case better top-9 options like Boqvist and Kuokkonen don't pan out.

Joey Anderson's advanced stats agree with my qualitative opinion that he was one of our better forwards last year. No problem at all putting him on the 3rd line.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Miles Wood scores at a 3rd line rate, and while he's weak defensively, he's also very physical and plays a good energy game. Would I want him on the third line when the team is ready for playoff contention in 2-3 years? No, but he's serviceable in case better top-9 options like Boqvist and Kuokkonen don't pan out.

Joey Anderson's advanced stats agree with my qualitative opinion that he was one of our better forwards last year. No problem at all putting him on the 3rd line.

I think Wood’s problem playing above 4th line isn’t that his rates aren’t good enough, it’s that he doesn’t compliment anybody.

Wood is going to do his Wood thing whether he’s playing with Nico or with Rooney. I’d like players who create synergy playing together and Wood is anti-syngergy.

So I don’t want Wood playing up in the lineup because he won’t make those lines better and his rates won’t be hurt playing on the 4th line since his offense is mostly a 1 man show.

Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I think Wood’s problem playing above 4th line isn’t that his rates aren’t good enough, it’s that he doesn’t compliment anybody.

Wood is going to do his Wood thing whether he’s playing with Nico or with Rooney. I’d like players who create synergy playing together and Wood is anti-syngergy.

So I don’t want Wood playing up in the lineup because he won’t make those lines better and his rates won’t be hurt playing on the 4th line since his offense is mostly a 1 man show.

Yeah, I understand. I would prefer to have Wood on the 4th line too. My point is that we have a lot of young players that I hope can slot into the top 3 lines, but if they fail, Wood can play there. I'm against spending assets to go out and get support forwards when we have a ton of young forwards that might be able to fill those roles, and a few vets that can fill in if that doesn't work out.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I mean the Rangers could theoretically make a huge offer which is what would scare me

#1 overall + Strome + Deangelo + Kravstov or something

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
The Rangers totally have the chips to make a big play for Eichel.

1OA/Kakko + Fox/DeA + Chytil/Strome + 2021 1st...

It’s a massive package that essentially amounts to “sleeves off the vest”... and they land Eichel.

Oy vey.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Bob’s first tweet was tantalizing and then his last tweet basically said nothing was happening.

Reactions: Oneiro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce