Around the League 2019-20 - part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
by the way....Pronman has already begun rolling out his organizational rankings for 2020-21. He said he will update these after the draft as well.

This year’s organizational ranking will be different than previous years. First, it is occurring before the NHL Draft and not after, although I will make an updated version following the draft.
Second, this year’s version will have full evaluations with tool grades of all players in an organization who are 22 years old or younger as of Sept. 15, 2020, regardless of how many NHL games they’ve played, to go along with the rest of the players in the pipeline.
It will not include skaters older than 22 as of Sept. 15, 2020, who have played 25 NHL games in a season or 50 career games; goalies with 10 games in a season or 25 in a career; nor any player age 26 or older as of Sept. 15, 2020.

He is up to 25 so far

25. Tampa Bay Lightning
26. Edmonton Oilers
27. New York Islanders
28. San Jose Sharks
29. Nashville Predators
30. Pittsburgh Penguins
31. Washington Capitals

Reactions: My3Sons

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
so they pretty much have to move OEL for assets now right?

They either need to start shipping everyone out or really push for it in the next few seasons.

Losing the picks won’t really hurt them for 3-4 seasons at the NHL level, unless they were planning on to trade them. So they have a window to push for as good as they can be now and then bottom out hard in year 3 or 4.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country

Ol Dirty Bstrd

Nov 25, 2007
Fitz, nab us that vacated 2nd rounder as compensation for Arizona’s pick moving back to 18 because of the bullshit return to play format. Doubt it will happen but worth a shot. Slightly more plausible now that it doesn’t really screw any other team over

Reactions: nugg

imMagnum

Jan 10, 2017
Pretty shady of Chayka running away after he was responsible for the combine mess. Hope he stays away from the Harris + Blitzer group.

Reactions: MikeyFlynn

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
guarantee that if we had any hand in chayka leaving, we’ve been removed from the rolodex

edit- quoted wrong post, nvm

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Pretty shady of Chayka running away after he was responsible for the combine mess. Hope he stays away from the Harris + Blitzer group.

He should be suspended from NHL work himself too, especially if you're going to hit the franchise as hard as they got hit.

Reactions: Darkauron

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Ya'll thought I was kidding when I said we'd lose 7OA for being involved in the Chayka nonsense. I still think it's a possibility.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Ya'll thought I was kidding when I said we'd lose 7OA for being involved in the Chayka nonsense. I still think it's a possibility.

Why would it still be a possibility? There have been no league sources nor evidence the Devils are in any trouble whatsoever.

Even more, the stories that have come out, in the worst light, paint Chayka as lying to his organization about his intentions but the Devils going through all the proper channels.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Why would it still be a possibility? There have been no league sources nor evidence the Devils are in any trouble whatsoever.

Even more, the stories that have come out, in the worst light, paint Chayka as lying to his organization about his intentions but the Devils going through all the proper channels.

Mostly because Bettman hates us.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Man I really do feel bad for their fans. Without knowing all of the details, I can’t comment on the punishment being too harsh or not harsh enough, but that’s brutal.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

No individual person will be punished.

Weak sauce. As much as baseball got wrong with the total immunity to Astros players for that mess at least they held management and ownership to account along with taking away picks. MLB probably overpunished management if anything cause they couldn't punish the players. Here the NHL overpunished the franchise cause they didn't punish specific individuals.

Chyaka may well deserve suspension JUST FOR the way he handled leaving Arizona never mind this even.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Weak sauce. As much as baseball got wrong with the total immunity to Astros players for that mess at least they held management and ownership to account along with taking away picks.

Chyaka may well deserve suspension JUST FOR the way he handled leaving Arizona never mind this even.

but in this case the management is gone already.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario

They got punished for testing prospects though. Two different things.

Tampering penalties have been set previously, we'd have to give them $1.4M and the rights to Scott Stevens, not the 7OA.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Weak sauce. As much as baseball got wrong with the total immunity to Astros players for that mess at least they held management and ownership to account along with taking away picks. MLB probably overpunished management if anything cause they couldn't punish the players. Here the NHL overpunished the franchise cause they didn't punish specific individuals.

The Astros knew they were cheating though, Bettman states here that there is no record of intentional wrongdoing -- just they were grossly negligent.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Astros knew they were cheating though, Bettman states here that there is no record of intentional wrongdoing -- just they were grossly negligent.

That just sounds like lawyerese, the way the arbitrator said there was no evidence of intentional rule breaking when he upheld the NHL's punishment against us for the Kovalchuk contract. In both cases it's excessive punishment if you're truly deeming it 'accidental'

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
From all that's come out -- only Chayka is the one who can get punished (from leaving the Coyotes job and potentially breaking the contract not the prospects stuff) and even that is iffy if Bettman can even rule on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad