Around the League 2019-20 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Garret posted Jets 2.0 All Star team based on GAR and the great Lee Stempniak made the cut as a 2nd line RW, almost beat Laine for top line RW, was only 0.01 GAR/60 short.

Reactions: hn777

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Garret posted Jets 2.0 All Star team based on GAR and the great Lee Stempniak made the cut as a 2nd line RW, almost beat Laine for top line RW, was only 0.01 GAR/60 short.

This is a joke, right? Stempniak played 18 games with the Jets. 18...

Might as well add Nick Shore to the all-star line-up.

Also, based on GAR and xGAR per 60, Brendan Lemieux would push out a few forwards based on his season last year.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Is it possible for the 6th place team in the Central to have more points than the 3rd place team in the Pacific and missing the playoffs? This may just happen.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I think that he means Trouba having to be the man on the Rangers this year. He didn't have to be the man here with Buff and Morrissey. Based on the trade now, I make that deal every time. Pionk is great for the money, Trouba is kind of meh for the money

Reactions: buggs and Duke749

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Not surprised there are lots of goals the few days after Christmas, goalies hate 3-4 days off.

Serious question, how do back ups do it? That would be tough professionally to play now and then?

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Serious question, how do back ups do it? That would be tough professionally to play now and then?
The starters weren't even practicing during the Christmas break , that's the difference . Nobody was on the ice , normally the backup is at least on the ice practicing .

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
@Jets 31 clarified what I was getting at. But to answer your question they have to be mentally tough and practice hard like it’s a game. Battle in practice on every shot and challenge yourself to let very few in. It’s tough to begin with playing once every few weeks and then coaches make it even harder by putting them in the second of a back to back, thanks coach :laugh:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
@Jets 31 clarified what I was getting at. But to answer your question they have to be mentally tough and practice hard like it’s a game. Battle in practice on every shot and challenge yourself to let very few in. It’s tough to begin with playing once every few weeks and then coaches make it even harder by putting them in the second of a back to back, thanks coach :laugh:
As a former goalie i would totally agree , talk about a tough job . Fortunately i was always the #1 goalie ................. :biglaugh:sure i was . :laugh:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

I guess at the end of the day it’s a mind game. Also something I think we all lose sight of at times as fans is that it’s their job. They get paid around a million a year to be a back up and it’s a vitally important part of the team. It’s not like a back up QB where you may not start at all in a season at the end of the day back up goalies are an active part of the roster and their 15-35 games can make or break a teams playoff hopes.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I guess at the end of the day it’s a mind game. Also something I think we all lose sight of at times as fans is that it’s their job. They get paid around a million a year to be a back up and it’s a vitally important part of the team. It’s not like a back up QB where you may not start at all in a season at the end of the day back up goalies are an active part of the roster and their 15-35 games can make or break a teams playoff hopes.
Agreed , last season Helly had a rough start but Brossoit was fantastic at the start , we probably don't make the playoffs without Brossoit playing so well . That's why we need Brossoit to play better in the new year or we are gonna be in tough to make the playoffs .

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I think that he means Trouba having to be the man on the Rangers this year. He didn't have to be the man here with Buff and Morrissey. Based on the trade now, I make that deal every time. Pionk is great for the money, Trouba is kind of meh for the money

This season, Pionk has been better than Trouba even not factoring in contracts. Who knows if that will hold up though.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Columbus got screwed by the refs and the League tonight.

After the CBJ killed a penalty in OT against the Blackhawks tonight, the Hawks got called for too many men with 18.1 seconds left.

About 1.1 ticked off the clock after the whistle, which the officials refused to put back on.

The Jackets then scored at the very end of overtime about two-tenths of a second after the green light came on.

It goes to a shootout, and CBJ #1 Joonas Korpisalo allows a goal on the first shot, and gets injured in the process.

He leaves, rookie G comes in and the game is lost.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Columbus got screwed by the refs and the League tonight.

After the CBJ killed a penalty in OT against the Blackhawks tonight, the Hawks got called for too many men with 18.1 seconds left.

About 1.1 ticked off the clock after the whistle, which the officials refused to put back on.

The Jackets then scored at the very end of overtime about two-tenths of a second after the green light came on.

It goes to a shootout, and CBJ #1 Joonas Korpisalo allows a goal on the first shot, and gets injured in the process.

He leaves, rookie G comes in and the game is lost.

The real question is.....did he storm out of there and look for a fight near the ref room like back in the day after that one game when he wanted to fight the coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad