Around the League 2019-20 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I thought the Pacific division was bad, but the Atlantic division is the trashiest trash that's ever trashed. It's a complete race to the bottom. The Bruins are in the worst position in that division, because they risk having to play an actual hockey team from the Metro in the first round in the playoffs.

Carry on.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Watched the Blues Avalanche game last night , the Blues are good . Hopefully we beat them back to back . :nod: And Dallas lost last night , same points as us but now we have 2 games in hand . :thumbu:

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Pacific reminds me of the turtle race end to the central last year

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Watched the Blues Avalanche game last night , the Blues are good . Hopefully we beat them back to back . :nod: And Dallas lost last night , same points as us but now we have 2 games in hand . :thumbu:

Yes, we really need to take both games of the...

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com%2Fnine-tvmg-images-prod%2F66%2F97%2F14%2F669714_p245120_b_h3_ai.jpg

:DD

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
What do you guys think about a rule change where if you injure a player with an illegal play you're automatically suspended as long as they are out for? Maybe it's a little extreme but I hate seeing guys getting hurt long term and having the player that injured them (maybe intentionally) back way before they are healthy and playing again.

Reactions: hn777 and mondo3

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
What do you guys think about a rule change where if you injure a player with an illegal play you're automatically suspended as long as they are out for? Maybe it's a little extreme but I hate seeing guys getting hurt long term and having the player that injured them (maybe intentionally) back way before they are healthy and playing again.
The NHLPA would never agree to it. Injured players continue to collect their NHL salary. Suspended players do not get paid. No union would ever agree to it.

Reactions: SUX2BU

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Can’t believe I have to cheer for the Oilers tonight :(

You don't have to. It's a given that teams in our division will continue to win games over the remainder of the season. So, let them win when they're playing teams we truly despise (Edmonton, Toronto, Vegas (spit), etc) and hope that is made up for by losses against teams nobody here cares about (Ottawa, Florida, Columbus, etc). :nod:

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
You don't have to. It's a given that teams in our division will continue to win games over the remainder of the season. So, let them win when they're playing teams we truly despise (Edmonton, Toronto, Vegas (spit), etc) and hope that is made up for by losses against teams nobody here cares about (Ottawa, Florida, Columbus, etc). :nod:
That's incredibly good advice, I'm impressed.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Daryl Katz is well beyond the stage of needing just a haircut. And yes, I know about his medical issues. Still... :eek2:

5cd2255e472ee.image.jpg

Newer photo than the one included in that article. I had forgotten about his medical issue. I regret making fun of his appearance under the circumstances. Still needs a haircut though, there being no connection there to his medical condition.

There, I've done it again. Bad Snerd, bad!

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
This Coyotes vs Wild game is nuts.

6-5 Wild now in 3rd. 4 goals in last 2 mins. Yotes almost tied it.

Edit: 5 goals scored so far in 3rd, in 6 mins, 3 for Yotes and 2 for Wild.

Last edited:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Colorado and St. Louis remind me of the Preds and Jets in 2017-18. Two of the top 3 teams in the league (or top 4 if you'd prefer) in the same division. The Jets may be the Wild in this scenario - 100+ points is an otherwise great season, but just leading to a 5 game exit in the first round. Tough division to be in.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Daryl Katz is well beyond the stage of needing just a haircut. And yes, I know about his medical issues. Still... :eek2:

5cd2255e472ee.image.jpg

This guy looks like he's had some kind of nose job, and injected his face with botox or something ?? I agree he needs a haircut. I guess when your that rich, you can look any way you want, and the banks will still love dealing with you.

Really --I hear he's very sick with some kind of life threatening disease, he's trying to beat, and I wish him all the best. He is a brilliant businessman for what he's done with the Rexall drug Stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad