Around the League 2019-20 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Remember that bizarre WWE type interview Katz did with MCDavid from the bowels of the arena moments after the draft? All it was missing was a run in and a chair shot by his disgruntled son.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Dark blue with orange stripes , the Oilers crest is all the same color as the jersey with orange writing .
This abomination?

oilers-new-jersey-composite.jpg

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Those are terrible as is let alone when they’re on the ice. Not a huge fan of our Aviators but they look solid on the ice at least.

The aviators are a bit drab, need more colour, and they strike me as looking somehow unfinished. But they aren't exactly bad. Just blah. These Oilers ones are fugly.

Reactions: GeorgeJETson

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
So Pittsburgh takes a 4 min double minor. On the pk Tanev ends up taking a penalty making it a 5on3 for the full 2. Vancouver ends up scoring but it gets challenged for offsides. Goal comes back. Immediately after the draw with 1:22 left of a 5on3 Jack Johnson takes another penalty. :laugh: Vancouver still scores and still have almost 2 mins of PP time left and the Pens don’t have a shot on net with 4 mins to go in the 1st.

Just saw what Muzzin did at the end of the Leafs/Wings game. The hit was unnecessary although probably clean. That slam on Mantha is some dirty chicken shit. Slams the guys head onto the ice. :shakehead

Last edited:

None

Feb 22, 2012
Just saw what Muzzin did at the end of the Leafs/Wings game. The hit was unnecessary although probably clean. That slam on Mantha is some dirty chicken ****. Slams the guys head onto the ice. :shakehead

I think it's a league and officiating issue because they let guys retaliate after clean hits and punish the hitter equally to even out the calls most of the time. Not trying to place blame on Mantha because that was a garbage move by Muzzin, but if the league started calling instigators when guys force the play to stop to retaliate for clean hits you'd see the retaliation stop.
Mantha wouldn't have gotten hurt if the league stopped letting players get away with the retaliatory garbage after clean hits is my thought on it basically. Everyone kind of sucks on that play.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I think it's a league and officiating issue because they let guys retaliate after clean hits and punish the hitter equally to even out the calls most of the time. Not trying to place blame on Mantha because that was a garbage move by Muzzin, but if the league started calling instigators when guys force the play to stop to retaliate for clean hits you'd see the retaliation stop.
Mantha wouldn't have gotten hurt if the league stopped letting players get away with the retaliatory garbage after clean hits is my thought on it basically. Everyone kind of sucks on that play.

I get what you’re saying but that doesn’t justify slamming someone’s head on to the ice.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

None

Feb 22, 2012
I get what you’re saying but that doesn’t justify slamming someone’s head on to the ice.

Nope, it doesn't. But it started from a nothing play at a time in the game where the Wings were clearly frustrated. It's hard to just look at what Muzzin did and say there isn't an issue with how the league handles plays like that.

The league could give the referees the ability to review the play after assessing an instigator in a situation like this. If after review they found anything wrong with Muzzin's hit they could assess an offsetting penalty to Muzzin to offset the instigator.
The instigator would still apply, but the team whose player caused the instigator would feel more justified and less slighted in that situation. They could even change the instigator so that it isn't an automatic ejection. Ejection would only be necessary in a scenario like tonight where Mantha reacted to a clean hit.

If Mantha going after Muzzin had the possibility of putting the Wings shorthanded and getting Mantha removed from the game then he probably doesn't initiate unless he's 100% sure that what Muzzin did was a dirty hit that would result in an offsetting penalty against Muzzin upon review.

Most players just wouldn't initiate in a scenario where they could get removed from the game. They do it now because it results in offsetting penalties and it kills the play by causing a whistle. If there were real repercussions then players would have to make sure they actually saw a dirty hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad