Around the League 2019-20 - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Bettman...

“Our message is unequivocal: We will not tolerate abusive behaviour of any kind.”

Given that the refs are probably abused 50 times a game... let the mass firings begin.

Reactions: STZD

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Minnesota vs Dallas in the Winter Classic would have made sense, with Dallas wearing some sweet retro North Stars jerseys. But since Dallas is in the upcoming one, not going to happen.
Dallas is playing in the upcoming Winter Classic (vs. Nashville, in Dallas) - and that will be only the 3rd Winter Classic game that didn't involve an Original 6 team. The other two involved the Pens or Caps (or both together) since they had the league's biggest stars in Crosby and Ovechkin.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Inquiring minds want to know the reasons for Monty’s firing
I trust TMZ will get to the bottom of this

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Given that it went from "phone call" to "pink slip" in 48 hours with no warning, and the players weren't notified of anything at all, and they refuse to say what it is, it's got to be personal, outrageous, and non-criminal. That would eliminate "handsy" -- any violation of personal space that warranted a 48 hour notice termination would / should / had f***ing well better warrant criminal charges. Also eliminate something hockey related (like gambling on NHL games) because there's no way they could keep a lid on that.

Only thing left that makes sense is an absolute outrageous episode while under the influence of a legal mind altering substance, aka the old "drunken blowout at the Christmas party". So that's what my money's on.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I mean, think about it:

> "We're trying to send a message that this behaviour is unacceptable."
>> "And what behaviour might that be?"
> "Wouldn't you like to know?"

doesn't really jive with the NHL's current MO of sententious moralizing after incidents of inappropriate behaviour, does it? So it's gotta be something where there's no lesson, no opportunity for virtue signalling. Drunken buffoonery is the only thing that fits.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I would never defend anyone who has crossed the line and know Monty as a 1st class individual on and off the ice. I have great respect for him. I am absolutely shocked by such a development.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I thought he was going to get fired earlier in the season before their win streak.

I wonder what he did, the statement from the Stars makes it sound like he may have said or done something to someone outside of the organization. TSN is reporting that it wasn't something that would have fallen under the NHL's new code of conduct for management.

I guess we could speculate endlessly. I doubt Stars will ever make it public but it might leak out eventually.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016

What he meant was
B6CDE139C050890049AC53D62B66BCD75F81D000

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Given that it went from "phone call" to "pink slip" in 48 hours with no warning, and the players weren't notified of anything at all, and they refuse to say what it is, it's got to be personal, outrageous, and non-criminal. That would eliminate "handsy" -- any violation of personal space that warranted a 48 hour notice termination would / should / had ****ing well better warrant criminal charges. Also eliminate something hockey related (like gambling on NHL games) because there's no way they could keep a lid on that.

Only thing left that makes sense is an absolute outrageous episode while under the influence of a legal mind altering substance, aka the old "drunken blowout at the Christmas party". So that's what my money's on.

Just a hunch but I'm thinking Garth Snow wouldn't do well in the current climate. There's a better picture but I won't post it. :nod:

garth-snow-islanders-party.jpg

Reactions: Jets 31

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Bettman...

“Our message is unequivocal: We will not tolerate abusive behaviour of any kind.”

Given that the refs are probably abused 50 times a game... let the mass firings begin.

Being told "you suck" can leave lasting scars. Guess we'll have to terminate Scheif's contract now. Otherwise, how many minor hockey refs will have to endure such cruel taunting from kids emulating what they see at the pro level? The message must be sent, there is a line you just can't cross. :sarcasm:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Oilers lack of scoring depth coming back to haunt them lately now that the 2 meal tickets are a bit cold.
Nice penalty shot from McJesus last night .:laugh: The Oilers kind of have the problem we had with Scheif and Wheeler , they were doing all the scoring and not much from the other lines .

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Nice penalty shot from McJesus last night .:laugh: The Oilers kind of have the problem we had with Scheif and Wheeler , they were doing all the scoring and not much from the other lines .

Koskinen did a nice Pavelec impression on that Hurricanes goal from centre ice also :laugh:

Reactions: Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad