Around the League 2019-20 IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
The only thing more shocking than Jagr still playing is that he's teammates with Andre Lakos, the prospect the Devils traded for Valeri Kamensky in 2002.

Reactions: mdj12784

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Bummer for Lars. I was watching hockey on one TV with the volume off and saw he blocked a shot at the end of the 2nd and was noticeably hobbling. I wasn't paying close enough attention, but it looks like he finished the game.

Reactions: mdj12784

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
He was just on waivers and no one claimed him. What could the Isles possibly get for him?

Presumably somebody could send back a junky contract or similarly disappointing prospect. I imagine maintaining flexibility with the 50 contract limit stopped some teams from considering waiver claims. Shero basically did a preemptive version of that with Quenneville/Hayden. Although at this point, I'm not sure many teams would want to take a chance on Ho-Sang.

Hypothetically, would Anaheim deal Daniel Sprong for Ho-Sang? Sprong's on a one way deal, so Anaheim's paying him 700K to play in the minors while Ho-Sang would only make 70K. Anaheim's generally been a budget team, so saving 630K might be desirable. But whether the Islanders would want a similar but more expensive winger is another question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad