Around the League 2019-20 IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
You could use that same reasoning for any team and eventually be right, even if it takes 10-20-30 years. But I fall in the school of you gotta show it to me for a full season first before I assume it’s not Same Old for a bad organization and likewise I have to see a Penguins crater before I think they’ll be a non playoff team even though it’s trending in that direction. Some organizations deserve benefit of the doubt and others deserve skepticism based on track record. People thought it was a new Buffalo team after their fluke nine game win streak last year too, how did that end up?

I do find it ironic you’re in the camp of don’t assume bad organizations are still bad yet were the biggest skeptic of Vegas based on expansion teams always being bad. So you used precedent (not even of that organization) to be skeptical there.

i never gave a prediction on the knights being good or bad. i did say that they SHOULD be bad to start because i believe this is spoiling their fan base to always assume the team will always be this good. also i said they would regress which they did by 16pts last year going from first to 7th place.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
i never gave a prediction on the knights being good or bad. i did say that they SHOULD be bad to start because i believe this is spoiling their fan base to always assume the team will always be this good. also i said they would regress which they did by 16pts last year going from first to 7th place.

I’m talking about during the first season, you thought they were a one and done for sure and that they shouldn’t add at the deadline. Obviously they weren’t going to be a 110-point team every year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Dude, they have Erik Karlsson. For 8 more years.

I'm joshing btw.
I laughed when I saw your original post. Just think there were posters here that wanted to sign him to a long term deal if he made FA. Ottawa could end up having more playoff success over that 8 year contract than SJ.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Certainly didn't see San Jose starting out 0-4 while Edmonton & Anaheim are 3-0 to start the season. Beginning of the season is always a bit odd. Puts some of our early season struggles into perspective. Hopefully NJ can right the ship tonight though - don't want to go against a hot Edmonton team riding a 3-game losing streak to start the year.

Reactions: Darkauron

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I’m talking about during the first season, you thought they were a one and done for sure and that they shouldn’t add at the deadline. Obviously they weren’t going to be a 110-point team every year.

which is exactly why i said they shouldn't be buyers at the deadline in a super soft hockey market. fans are going to think and expect that every year. but whateva

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
which is exactly why i said they shouldn't be buyers at the deadline in a super soft hockey market. fans are going to think and expect that every year. but whateva
So what if the fans develop high expectations? That’s a bad thing? You think management should base their hockey decisions on this bizarre concept?
Crazy.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Do any of you guys bet individual goal scorers? I just turned on Flyers pregame and McDavid is -135 to score a goal and Drai is -125 on the moneyline. You someone is a stud and playing well to have those odds to score a goal in a specific game.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I wasn't really sure where to put this but they need to crack down on this in shootouts...it's pathetic. (Talking about Johansen's goals)

Really need to enforce that the player has to actually always be moving their skates, not just being in forward motion.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
So what if the fans develop high expectations? That’s a bad thing? You think management should base their hockey decisions on this bizarre concept?
Crazy.

only time will tell

when the losing seasons start to come and the rebuilds and before you know its 5-7 years of no playoff hockey then we will see what type of fanbase they really have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad