Around the League 2019-20 IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
i'm probably alone in thinking that doc looks like an afterthought lurker there. they should've had him behind a podium or something like he was the teacher or something?
I thought show n tell, docs the teacher blues player is showing off the trophy and telling a story about it

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It was reported today that Dubas wanted to fire him last year after the playoffs, but Shannahan stepped in to save Babcock’s job. If they stumble at all during the season he could be gone.

Agree he is an overrated coach. Got too much credit for riding Giguere in ‘03 and guiding a very elite Detroit squad in ‘08 and ‘09. That got him the team Canada job, which you or I could have coached to gold
Yeah, he lost them the game 7 last year, almost as brutally as Brent Sutter did in game 7 of 09 against the Canes.

Sutter was still a novice NHL head coach at the time, in only his second year. No excuse for a veteran like Babcock to do that last year.

Reactions: The 29th Pick

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
My throw some interesting stuff at the wall predictions

Metro:
1. Carolina 2. Washington 3. New Jersey 4. Pittsburgh 5. Islanders | 6. Rangers 7. Philadelphia 8. Columbus

Atlantic:
1. Boston 2. Tampa 3. Toronto | 4. Florida 5. Buffalo 6. Ottawa 7. Montreal 8. Detroit

Pacific:
1. San Jose 2. Calgary 3. Arizona 4. Vegas | 5. Vancouver 6. Anaheim 7. Edmonton 8. LA

Central:
1. Dallas 2. Colorado 3. Nashville 4. St. Louis | 5. Chicago 6. Minnesota 7. Winnipeg

Reactions: My3Sons

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
I'm pretty sure there isn't one. The Blues players just heard it playing in some dive bar during their hot streak, and it became their victory anthem. Totally random.
As the story goes, they were at a bar in Philly watching the Eagles/Bears playoff game and somebody kept shouting “play Gloria.” They’d play it during the commercial breaks. That game against the Flyers just so happened to be Binnington’s first start for the Blues, a shutout no less. Shortly after that, they went on a hot streak, and the team considered it a good luck charm. Given that you don’t mess with superstition, it stuck. And the rest is history.

HischierSeDgewOrk

May 6, 2007
Monmouth County, NJ
Which Gloria? is it the song the Doors covered back in the day? or U2's Gloria? or some other "Gloria"?
Just saw you were from Northvale. I grew up there.Skating at Hogans Park. Street hockey at Veterans. Riding bikes to Pasquales Pizza and playing the arcade game in the back. Cost Cutter arcade games. Good times. Nathan Hale and Thomas Jefferson!!!

Reactions: mdj12784
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad