Around the League 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
The more mike smith sucks, the more opportunities for Tkachuk to be exposed to payback situations. Two birds, one stone.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Oilers played right into the Flames hands though. McLellan moved Lucic onto McDavid's line to protect him, and the puck died every single time it hit his stick

Reactions: YP44

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
If only Doughty had balls to fight back.

DrewDoughtySmile.jpg

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Tkachuk = Avery (on ice)

Avery had a boat load of skill and was very usefulas a shit disturber. I really liked Avery as a king on the ice. The issue is Avery's off ice seems to be his downfall. If Tkachuk is a better teammate the flames have someone special there.

Reactions: Bandit

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
tkachuk keeps one-upping himself in the idiocy department

real tough squaring up with non-fighters, looking sideways for refs before throwing gloved punches but lucic or kassian come knocking and he's ****ting his pants and turtles
Don't forget jumping on McDavid when he's already down on the ice with another Flames' player...

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Tkachuk = Avery (on ice)

Avery had a boat load of skill and was very usefulas a **** disturber. I really liked Avery as a king on the ice. The issue is Avery's off ice seems to be his downfall. If Tkachuk is a better teammate the flames have someone special there.

I dunno about that, Avery didn't have problems off the ice more than anyone else did, big factor was he wasn't willing to change or conform, he was pretty set in being himself, now whether you view that as being an asshole or not, that's debatable....but his downfall was is unwillingness to change.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I dunno about that, Avery didn't have problems off the ice more than anyone else did, big factor was he wasn't willing to change or conform, he was pretty set in being himself, now whether you view that as being an ******* or not, that's debatable....but his downfall was is unwillingness to change.

He harassed homeless people and called his ex sloppy seconds.

That's not being a non-conformist, in my opinion.

Reactions: King Trouty

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Let's not forget "the kid" was arrested for Throwing objects at passing cars: 27east

The sloppy seconds comment came when he was 28 years old.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Tkachuk is such a piece of shit, I can't stand that f***ing guy.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Keith Tkachuk is my favorite player ever so I love the Tkachuk kids.

Matthew is a rat but I think he is a product of the way the game is played today. If he played in the 90s like his dad, I think he wouldn't be such a hit and run guy. To be fair though, Keith was labeled by many as a spot-picker back in his day even with solid guys on his fight card since he was a complete asshole on the ice as well. Matthew wishes he could be as proficient with slashes and other fun stuff like his dad. Keith's two-hander on Adam Foote in the 1996 World Cup is just next level shit.

I'd love to have either Matthew or Brady on the Kings. Matthew raises the level of excitement in what has become a very boring NHL. I would have passed on going to the Calgary game last weekend but I didn't want to miss the possibility of him clowning Doughty again.

Was also great to see Brady jump in on that rat Abdelkader last week. I wish all of the power forwards from the 90s could have kids in the league because these types of players are sorely missed.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Keith Tkachuk is my favorite player ever so I love the Tkachuk kids.

Matthew is a rat but I think he is a product of the way the game is played today. If he played in the 90s like his dad, I think he wouldn't be such a hit and run guy. To be fair though, Keith was labeled by many as a spot-picker back in his day even with solid guys on his fight card since he was a complete ******* on the ice as well. Matthew wishes he could be as proficient with slashes and other fun stuff like his dad. Keith's two-hander on Adam Foote in the 1996 World Cup is just next level ****.

I'd love to have either Matthew or Brady on the Kings. Matthew raises the level of excitement in what has become a very boring NHL. I would have passed on going to the Calgary game last weekend but I didn't want to miss the possibility of him clowning Doughty again.

Was also great to see Brady jump in on that rat Abdelkader last week. I wish all of the power forwards from the 90s could have kids in the league because these types of players are sorely missed.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Best hockey ever. The best in the world going at it under NHL rules in an era full of nasty play. Every game was an All-Star game except everyone was out for blood.

This is where Tkachuk became my favorite player and I moved away from basketball and dove into hockey head first. What a tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad