Around the League 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yea the Sens deal is a disaster and before we blame the GM it’s my belief this was all on the owner. Eugene got in the way on this one so bad.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Yea the Sens deal is a disaster and before we blame the GM it’s my belief this was all on the owner. Eugene got in the way on this one so bad.
I completely agree. My guess is that Melnyk forced his GM to try to win in the short-term, leading to the disastrous Duchene trade. They would have been much better off trading Karlsson for Duchene straight up last year --- try to digest that...

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Is EK re-signed in SJ?
If he doesn't, it isn't that bad of a deal considering it is only one year but you would think he could have found someone to re-sign him and get more back.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Jake Dotchin waived / terminated by TB... that is a head-scratcher. Have to wonder if it is something other than hockey, because he's good at hockey.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Is EK re-signed in SJ?
If he doesn't, it isn't that bad of a deal considering it is only one year but you would think he could have found someone to re-sign him and get more back.

Not yet. Makes $6,500,000 this season. As of today SJ only has $1,717,916 in cap space, but they have $11,000,000 tied up in Joe Thorton(39) and Joe Pavelski(34) that could come off the books after this season if they want.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Good chance he is to blame for the Duchene deal too, but who knows? If Dorion is allowing himself to be used this way he is allowing his reputation to be destroyed.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I completely agree. My guess is that Melnyk forced his GM to try to win in the short-term, leading to the disastrous Duchene trade. They would have been much better off trading Karlsson for Duchene straight up last year --- try to digest that...

Yikes!

Whileee

May 29, 2010
TSN said it was 'probably' conditioning related. Does that sound like an excuse for a little cap dump?
He's on a cheap ELC, so they won't save much, if anything, in cap space with a replacement. Seems most likely that he just showed up out of shape and was told to go away.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He's on a cheap ELC, so they won't save much, if anything, in cap space with a replacement. Seems most likely that he just showed up out of shape and was told to go away.

1.6 mil IIRC, that's why I said a small cap dump. Don't know that they actually need 6-8ook this year, or not.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Good chance he is to blame for the Duchene deal too, but who knows? If Dorion is allowing himself to be used this way he is allowing his reputation to be destroyed.

To be clear I think Dorian is really light too but Melynk is a huge problem which isn’t a news flash.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad