Around the League 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Melnyk didn't want any good established players back in the trade because he doesn't want to spend any money . Thank you baby Jesus for Chipman , if this was all we got in return for Buff i would demand Chevy be fired , unbelievable . :loony:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Still don't understand why the Sens didn't give up the 4th pick this past draft. They had to know EK was out the door. Embrace the rebuild, move EK, MD, even MS and get Hughes and Lafrenierre (I know there are no guarantees).

Hughes or whomever the Avs get with the high pick is going to suck for us.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
You will see some horrific attendance in Ottawa this year and that can't help the bottom line, end game has to be Melnyk selling, but when

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Still don't understand why the Sens didn't give up the 4th pick this past draft. They had to know EK was out the door. Embrace the rebuild, move EK, MD, even MS and get Hughes and Lafrenierre (I know there are no guarantees).

Hughes or whomever the Avs get with the high pick is going to suck for us.

Still this have been the worst rebuilds I've seen of the recent ones. Even the Habs are rebuilding better right now. There is some bad luck in there as well but they are going to lose Stone, Ceci and Duchene in due time. Their GM should be fired for taking the 4th alone over this years 1st.

They have some great pieces to build around Chlapik, Tkachuk, Brown, White, Chabot, Batherson and Norris aren't bad. They lack some real high end talent though. Can't see them pacing ahead of many in their division in the future and without that 2019 pick. They are in a hole.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Could sens follow a Las Vegas rebuild? Look for under appreciated assets for cheap. Petan types.

No one is making it through waivers

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
This is why I think the Jets should not have re-signed Wheeler on that long term deal and instead made a run at Stone.
So Wheeler is ticked off and distracted this season, and then you have to fend off some crazy competition to sign Stone, maybe landing him for around $9.5-10M. Or, you don't land him, and you have Vesalainen or Dano as your #2RW.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
This is why I think the Jets should not have re-signed Wheeler on that long term deal and instead made a run at Stone.
The thing is that if Ottawa clears out all their veterans, then they follow the Edmonton strategy of pinning it all on kids for a decade.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Still this have been the worst rebuilds I've seen of the recent ones. Even the Habs are rebuilding better right now. There is some bad luck in there as well but they are going to lose Stone, Ceci and Duchene in due time. Their GM should be fired for taking the 4th alone over this years 1st.

They have some great pieces to build around Chlapik, Tkachuk, Brown, White, Chabot, Batherson and Norris aren't bad. They lack some real high end talent though. Can't see them pacing ahead of many in their division in the future and without that 2019 pick. They are in a hole.

No - he should be fired for that Duchene trade - and especially for not protecting that 1st. He must have thought they would be in the PO's so why bother.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
People in Quebec City aren't going to like this team when it relocates there in a couple of years......

Reactions: Jets 31

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
So Wheeler is ticked off and distracted this season, and then you have to fend off some crazy competition to sign Stone, maybe landing him for around $9.5-10M. Or, you don't land him, and you have Vesalainen or Dano as your #2RW.

I always think about this when people say that the Jets should "take a run at" someone in FA. What if he doesn't want to come here? I know of, anecdotally, one Winnipeg born player who said he would absolutely not play here (not publically, of course). Who's to say Stone comes here?

It's just as easy as NHL 19 in some minds. Don't sign the guy who wants to be here and is still producing, go after the guy who is also producing at a bit of a lower level, but will be more expensive and may not even come in the first place.

I love Stone but I wouldn't be building my strategy around hoping he will come here in Free Agency and dropping an equally, if not moreso, productive forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad