Around the League 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Never mind. I see he was then traded to Florida.
It's actually more awkward because he flipped Hoffman back into the East and got a better return than he paid Ottawa, then fleeced them again for Karlsson and leveraged the flipping into the East into a conditional pick instead of a straight up pick.

Reactions: Hobby Bull

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Players secretly believe the Sabres and Coyotes will make the play-offs. That means 2 teams will not make the play-offs. Could be the Jets and the Caps.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Actually, the Caps are still so hung over from winning last season, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they miss the playoffs.

Yep, I expect the Caps to hit quite a wall next season. Especially Ovy. He's such an emotional player, not getting any younger and has done everything he could now in this league. I think it will be a rather quiet season by his standards.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
not sure if it was mentioned in here, but in case nobody saw this - you likely will not need to worry about the Hawks this year, our amazing head coach has said that "Kunitz will be playing on the top line with Toews until someone else can take his spot".....yep, this is what we are dealing with in Chicago. Happy to help in whatever way we can to your quest to the Cup my friends!!!

Whileee

May 29, 2010
not sure if it was mentioned in here, but in case nobody saw this - you likely will not need to worry about the Hawks this year, our amazing head coach has said that "Kunitz will be playing on the top line with Toews until someone else can take his spot".....yep, this is what we are dealing with in Chicago. Happy to help in whatever way we can to your quest to the Cup my friends!!!
That sounds like a great strategy, if it's still 2013 in Chicago... :naughty:

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
That’s what you get for fleecing us on the Ladd trade. ;)

Reactions: AmericanDream

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Going to Oil - Canucks tonight. Any interesting players to watch? Petterson and Yamamoto/Benson seem to be seem to be only decent prospects playing.

Canucks lines:
Baertschi-Pettersson-Goldobin
Dahlen-Horvat-Eriksson
Leipsic-Gagner-Virtanen
Motte-Granlund-Schaller
Hutton-Tanev
Del Zotto-Stecher
Sautner-Biega
Anders Nilsson is slated to go the distance in goal with Michael DiPietro scheduled to be his back-up tonight.

Oilers lines:
Khaira-Strome-Puljujarvi
Caggiula-Brodziak-Kassian
Safin-Marody-Rattie
Benson-McLeod-Yamamoto
Garrison-Benning
Jones-Russell
Lowe-Jerabek
Cam Talbot and Al Montoya

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Going to Oil - Canucks tonight. Any interesting players to watch? Petterson and Yamamoto/Benson seem to be seem to be only decent prospects playing.

Canucks lines:
Baertschi-Pettersson-Goldobin
Dahlen-Horvat-Eriksson
Leipsic-Gagner-Virtanen
Motte-Granlund-Schaller
Hutton-Tanev
Del Zotto-Stecher
Sautner-Biega
Anders Nilsson is slated to go the distance in goal with Michael DiPietro scheduled to be his back-up tonight.

Oilers lines:
Khaira-Strome-Puljujarvi
Caggiula-Brodziak-Kassian
Safin-Marody-Rattie
Benson-McLeod-Yamamoto
Garrison-Benning
Jones-Russell
Lowe-Jerabek
Cam Talbot and Al Montoya
Worst game I have ever seen!

Reactions: Trilliann

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
yeah, Hawks are a team that the Leafs should pay attention to. having two $10 mil players is fire.
i don't see the hawks doing much. maybe competing with the Flames and Kings for the playoffs?
Arizona won't be a playoff team. no confidence in that.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
think there's talk that Poolparty might not make the Oilers this year??
He hasn't put it together yet. I don't get why they wouldn't just keep putting speedy ELC guys (like poolparty) with McDavid, and let him bounce pucks off them into the net. Works for Crosby.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
This should come as no surprise. The ONLY reason the Jets have decent attendance during pre-season is because STHs are forced to buy those games. Give us the option... and see how few people actually pay to watch pre-season. It would look like a friends and family only event.

Also a 3pm Monday game double header split squad. Lol

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
This should come as no surprise. The ONLY reason the Jets have decent attendance during pre-season is because STHs are forced to buy those games. Give us the option... and see how few people actually pay to watch pre-season. It would look like a friends and family only event.

Also a 3pm Monday game double header split squad. Lol

Yeah, i mean it's low but it's preseason. Nothing counts in preseason. I wouldn't go to a 3PM Monday preseason game...

Trilliann

Tier 2 fan
May 12, 2016
Below Replacement Level
He hasn't put it together yet. I don't get why they wouldn't just keep putting speedy ELC guys (like poolparty) with McDavid, and let him bounce pucks off them into the net. Works for Crosby.
Starting to feel like Edmonton might not be the best place for these young kids..
But at least they got him an English teacher now, it only took them 2 years to figure that out :confused:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I dunno. I think it depends on price-point. If the Jets really discounted pre-season games, I bet they would sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->