Around the League 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I don't follow it much but wasn't Ray Rice banned from NFL? Or was it just no one re-signed him?
it's really gross.

"
On March 27, 2014, a grand jury indicted Rice on third-degree aggravated assault, with a possible jail sentence of three to five years and a fine of up to $15,000.[29] Six weeks after the incident, Rice married Palmer on March 28, 2014.[30] For the incident, Rice was suspended for the first two games of the 2014 NFL season on July 25, 2014. The criminal charges were later dropped after Rice agreed to undergo court-supervised counseling.[31] In a news conference announcing longer suspension lengths for future domestic violence incidents, NFL CommissionerRoger Goodell said that he "didn't get it right" in deciding Rice's punishment.[32]
In January 2015, the Baltimore Ravens settled the claim after Rice filed a formal grievance against the NFL for wrongful termination. Rice demanded $3.5 million based on the claim that the Ravens imposed a second punishment upon him by terminating his employment weeks after the NFL levied a two-game suspension.[33] Although the details of the settlement were not disclosed, it was estimated that he received most of his claim.[33] In 2016, he vowed to donate all of that season's salary to domestic violence charities if he were signed by a team, but he remained unsigned.[34]"

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
He obviously is going to go somewhere, but if Karlsson lands in Vegas, that is another big add to that team. Dallas too would be a big obstacle with their offensive talent.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Seguin cashes in! Deal looks right for both sides, but man that's a lot of cash.

None

Feb 22, 2012

TSN breaking it before the national broadcast rights holder

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Another West team getting better. They have a pretty solid team. I think them
And Vegas are definitely 1/2 in that division.

Lethal PP they will have

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I hope this return makes these Trouba trade expectations on here a little more reasonable.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Another West team getting better. They have a pretty solid team. I think them
And Vegas are definitely 1/2 in that division.

Lethal PP they will have
the only benefit that i see?
Vegas sure had an easier path to the Western conference finals than we did.
at least there will be more of a challenge

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Well, at least he is not in the Central Division.

No but the top 3 pick Colorado will have this year from Ottawa will be.

also means we get THAT MUCH MORE talk about how amazing the leafs are in the watered-down East.
Washington, Toronto, TBay and....Pitts, maybe? the rest isn't that scary.

Ottawa was never going to be in that discussion anyway.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Jets could've bested that package easily. Even for a rental it'd be worth it to match.

How far off is Myers, Perreault, Lemieux, and 1st from what they settled for?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hobby Bull
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad