Around the League 2018-19 - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
You were, in fact, absolutely correct. "Manufactured anti-establishment pop punk" is still establishment manufacturing all the same :)

Her first hit ("Operator") was even more on-the-nose than this one; most of her work is this generic. The one that really stands out is this one, mostly-positive, still a little strategically *****y, but still pretty darn good IMO:

But no, by god, you are not wrong.

Canada was in love with these Avril Lavigne and Fefe Dobson wannabe's for awhile. Weird time in Canadian music.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
You were, in fact, absolutely correct. "Manufactured anti-establishment pop punk" is still establishment manufacturing all the same :)

Her first hit ("Operator") was even more on-the-nose than this one; most of her work is this generic. The one that really stands out is this one, mostly-positive, still a little strategically *****y, but still pretty darn good IMO:

But no, by god, you are not wrong.

I guess I just don't have my finger on the pulse of Canadian Manufactured Anti-Establishment Pop Punk like I used to...this is honestly the first I've heard of her. I'm an old man though. Still writing angry letters to the CBC to convince them to bring back Hymn Sing. :sarcasm:

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
I had the game on but wasn't paying much attention. Then Eakin got a major. Suddenly, it was 3-1. Then 3-2. And I thought to myself, OK don't sit down and start watching or they'll see me (yes, Romper Room had a lasting effect on me) and the comeback will fall short. So, I did what any self-respecting jinx would do and turned the game off for the betterment of the hockey world. Didn't find out the final score till I got up for my usual 3 am piss. Slept the sleep of the just after that.

And now, a little musical interlude for our friends in Vegas.

Dammit, now this song is going to be in my head all day:help:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I guess I just don't have my finger on the pulse of Canadian Manufactured Anti-Establishment Pop Punk like I used to...this is honestly the first I've heard of her. I'm an old man though. Still writing angry letters to the CBC to convince them to bring back Hymn Sing. :sarcasm:

Aye, laddy. I still say this country went all to Hell when the Pig and Whistle got cancelled. :wally:

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Bif Naked was 10 years ahead of the curve. Maybe not poppy enough.

Reactions: Guardian17

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Isn't it ironic? ;)

Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 3.17.33 PM.png

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
In addition to all of Vegas’s shenanigans in the playoffs against the Jets last season did they arena fire alarms not get set off during the morning skate this season.

How are Vegas for the CAP moving forward? Stone, Patches , Stastny, Fleury. They had a pretty good window this year.

Gotta love the hockey gods at times.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
In addition to all of Vegas’s shenanigans in the playoffs against the Jets last season did they arena fire alarms not get set off during the morning skate this season.

How are Vegas for the CAP moving forward? Stone, Patches , Stastny, Fleury. They had a pretty good window this year.

Gotta love the hockey gods at times.

Right up against it with new deals due for Gusev (who they just signed), Karlsson, Schuldt (who they just signed), Nosek and Bellemere. They'll most likely be hard on the trade block this summer. And look to bring in Glass and Hague next year.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Right up against it with new deals due for Gusev (who they just signed), Karlsson, Schuldt (who they just signed), Nosek and Bellemere. They'll most likely be hard on the trade block this summer. And look to bring in Glass and Hague next year.
Evolving Wild has Karlsson projected at around $6.7M. That seems a bit high to me, but I won't be surprised if he commands somewhere in the $6.5M range. They are going to have to move out salary to fit everyone, and it will still be very tight.

They do have a handful of very nice D contracts, which really helps them out.

You have to wonder whether a 35 year old Fleury is going to be able to carry the mail with his new $7 million contract.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Evolving Wild has Karlsson projected at around $6.7M. That seems a bit high to me, but I won't be surprised if he commands somewhere in the $6.5M range. They are going to have to move out salary to fit everyone, and it will still be very tight.

They do have a handful of very nice D contracts, which really helps them out.

You have to wonder whether a 35 year old Fleury is going to be able to carry the mail with his new $7 million contract.

I think they may try to move Karlsson personally. Though they may opt to move someone else out like Stastny. Either way I see Cody Glass expected to come in and join one of those lines in the top 6.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
For everything.

True story: one of my very few gambling superstitions is "no action when Alanis is on".

A dealer once cleverly (doing their job) tried to keep me gambling with "I don't know, are you sure that's not Evanescence?"

"I just can't take that chance," I said, pushing in my chips.

Reactions: Ducky10

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Holtby gives out the juiciest rebound possible and then sorts of flops over the rebound to give Aho the shortie.

If that happened on Hellebuyck or Brossoit I would freak. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad