Around The League 2018-19 Offseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I think the only reason we'd be in this is if Ottawa demands a 1st (since Tampa's is locked).

Yeah, we can take a cap dump, but even without getting Karlson, Tampa could just trade us Johnson and Callahan as a dump, plus Ottawa's getting salary, so that reduces Tampa's pressing need for cap space, at least for this year.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I think the only reason we'd be in this is if Ottawa demands a 1st (since Tampa's is locked).

Yeah, we can take a cap dump, but even without getting Karlson, Tampa could just trade us Johnson and Callahan as a dump, plus Ottawa's getting salary, so that reduces Tampa's pressing need for cap space, at least for this year.

Yeah, I wouldn't get my hopes up again based on the 4th period hack's tweet

Reactions: Nubmer6

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Let's be real - this ends up with Callahan & Prospect going to the NYR.

We're going to be left with blue balls (again) and "Devils Nation" is going to go back to freaking out.

Likely , and with our luck it's a good prospect like Raddysh, Cirelli, Lipanov or Katchook

ruskidevil14

Feb 23, 2017
What do you guys think

If the devils are involved as the third team, I can see a deal like this
Tampa- ek speers
Ottawa- Serge gourde njd 1st(top 15 protected) Tampa 2nd
Devils- Foote/raddysh + Johnson+ callahan​

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
What do you guys think

If the devils are involved as the third team, I can see a deal like this
Tampa- ek speers
Ottawa- Serge gourde njd 1st(top 15 protected) Tampa 2nd
Devils- Foote/raddysh + Johnson+ callahan​
intriguing. we'd be essentially taking on callahan's contract AND adding to what they get, in order to upgrade our return. i don't think that strategy has been discussed yet

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Zacha + 2nd round pick + Quenneville probably isn't too far off from Johnson's worth as it is. Even then, I am not sure I make that deal

On top of that, We're taking an anchor contract in Callahan

I don't have any interest in giving up that much
That's fair, though I don't think Callahan's deal is as bad as you're making it sound. It only goes for one year beyond this season and we'd still have plenty of cap space for this and next season.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Is he related to Craig?
Never heard of him

Let's be real - this ends up with Callahan & Prospect going to the NYR.

We're going to be left with blue balls (again) and "Devils Nation" is going to go back to freaking out.

Yeah, I wouldn't get my hopes up again based on the 4th period hack's tweet

Likely , and with our luck it's a good prospect like Raddysh, Cirelli, Lipanov or Katchook

You guys must be really fun a parties!

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
That's fair, though I don't think Callahan's deal is as bad as you're making it sound. It only goes for one year beyond this season and we'd still have plenty of cap space for this and next season.

I'm just not interested in giving up much to take on Callahan's while getting Johnson as the main "prize" for us for getting involved let alone giving up a first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Japam

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
BTW, here's something to ask yourself:

What can we offer that the Rags can't/won't? There must be SOME reason they suddenly included us instead of them. We're essentially in a bidding war with the Rags to facilitate this deal.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

What can we offer that the Rags can't/won't? There must be SOME reason they suddenly included us instead of them. We're essentially in a bidding war with the Rags to facilitate this deal.

Callahan has a partial NTC. That could be part of it.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008

Could be different players have different teams on the NTC lists.

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I'm also not so sure Callahan is going to be the cap dump. He's only signed 2 more years. He's not going to offer the cap relief they need for very long, considering they have so many people they need to re-sign next year.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I'm also not so sure Callahan is going to be the cap dump. He's only signed 2 more years. He's not going to offer the cap relief they need for very long, considering they have so many people they need to re-sign next year.

they need to sign Kucherov, Stralman, and Gourde next year

they need that cap space immediately

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

or it could be that the devils are demanding less then the rangers are to take back the bad contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad