Around The League 2018-19 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

i think he deleted it, that’s updated

I’ve always seen the Fourthperiod the website equivalent of a grocery store Star magazine. They always seemed to post obvious names with logical rumors to seem like they had inside sources. Maybe that’s changed?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I’ve always seen the Fourthperiod the website equivalent of a grocery store Star magazine. They always seemed to post obvious names with logical rumors to seem like they had inside sources. Maybe that’s changed?
Not that I have seen. I'm sure they have a few sources, but they usually end up being barely more credible than Eklund.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
LA has like $500 in cap space and Toronto doesn't have much either (the main reason Nylander isnt signed yet)

not really sure how they plan to make a deal wok
it would have to be a big trade - toronto could arguably give up someone like marleau maybe? and LA ends up giving up a big piece? spitballin/possibly BSing

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Canucks fans are gonna love this. Willie Desjardins is his replacement.

I think they might have just downgraded.

They probably could have held out for Mike Yeo if they waited another week hahahahahahaha.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Even better: Doug Weight!
Haha I think he’s done for good. He could probably get a job somewhere as an assistant, but if he ever becomes a head coach again it will be in years down the road, after serving a lot of time as an assistant in other places first or head coaching in a lesser league.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Opinions on A.V. as an option for the Blues? You guys saw him with the Rangers.

TK 421

Sep 12, 2007
why don't you, you know, ask the Rangers fans....?

i have no idea

I like to get opposition viewpoints. He has a rep as being generally a good coach but I'm looking for how Devils fans viewed the A.V. coached Rangers teams versus other recent Rangers coaches for example. Did they appear more prepared/dangerous under A.V. than they do now, etc.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I like to get opposition viewpoints. He has a rep as being generally a good coach but I'm looking for how Devils fans viewed the A.V. coached Rangers teams versus other recent Rangers coaches for example. Did they appear more prepared/dangerous under A.V. than they do now, etc.

To me his coaching/system is kind of out of date with the way the league is going. He seems to have zero patience with young, skilled players and has the same weakness for low skill "good soldier" types that a lot of coaches (even some of the better ones) have. I think he fits better with a more established roster than one with a bunch of kids on it.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Opinions on A.V. as an option for the Blues? You guys saw him with the Rangers.
He sucks. People only say otherwise because he coached two strong rosters with the best goaltenders of the generation.

He could be alright with a good goaltender because you’re gonna be allowing a ton of shots with him. Jake Allen is not that goaltender. He might have a 4 GAA under AV with all the shots you’ll be allowing. I think until Allen is upgraded, the Blues might be in trouble.

I said it last night on the main board, but Allen has started 11 of 12 games for the Blues and Yeo deserves to be fired for at least not attempting to make a change.

TK 421

Sep 12, 2007
Thanks for the insight guys, that's what I was looking for.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Can't wait till they get disciplined (or not) for telling the truth...

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Can't wait till they get disciplined (or not) for telling the truth...

My jaw dropped watching this video. That is just so bad for an already bad locker room and organization.

The timing of us playing them tomorrow is just gold. Though it makes you wonder if they use this as fuel to battle for their lives. Personally I’m hoping they suspend a guy or 2 from this and our game tomorrow will be cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad