Around The League 2018-19 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
That Ottawa video was hilarious, but that Uber driver should seriously lose his job after releasing that video, what a joke. Dude should be let go immediately.

I don't really find it surprising, players make fun of their coaches all the time, it's something that guys in the room can all relate to, especially in frustrating times. We used to always make fun of my coaches in any sport we played, just mocking the stupid crap they would say. Like the time my high school DL coach repeated get skinny like a knife 15 times straight during double team drills. We still make fun of that when I see some of the guys. I'm sure my players all make fun of stupid stuff I say to them in practice too.

However, this situation is different and pretty bad. The fact Duchene openly admitted to not paying attention for the last three weeks because he knows the staff isn't actually giving him anything to learn or improve on is a big problem with the Ottawa coaching staff. During film review in any sport you have to teach the kids what they should be doing in that situation, use coaching points, and provide feedback, not just commentate what is going on in the play then moving on, which is what the players say happens. The coaches have completely lost that locker room. Time for them to go.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
That Ottawa video was hilarious, but that Uber driver should seriously lose his job after releasing that video, what a joke. Dude should be let go immediately.

I don't really find it surprising, players make fun of their coaches all the time, it's something that guys in the room can all relate to, especially in frustrating times. We used to always make fun of my coaches in any sport we played, just mocking the stupid crap they would say. Like the time my high school DL coach repeated get skinny like a knife 15 times straight during double team drills. We still make fun of that when I see some of the guys. I'm sure my players all make fun of stupid stuff I say to them in practice too.

However, this situation is different and pretty bad. The fact Duchene openly admitted to not paying attention for the last three weeks because he knows the staff isn't actually giving him anything to learn or improve on is a big problem with the Ottawa coaching staff. During film review in any sport you have to teach the kids what they should be doing in that situation, use coaching points, and provide feedback, not just commentate what is going on in the play then moving on, which is what the players say happens. The coaches have completely lost that locker room. Time for them to go.
honestly it would be smart of them to do, since he violated terms (presumably) by releasing the video without their consent. from a PR standpoint, they should have a 0-tolerance policy for releasing things like that, and firing him would make the most sense

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
I know it's highly unlikely but damn I'd love having Quenneville here

Sure as hell don't want to see him end up in philly...

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
honestly it would be smart of them to do, since he violated terms (presumably) by releasing the video without their consent. from a PR standpoint, they should have a 0-tolerance policy for releasing things like that, and firing him would make the most sense

Yep, this is not a good look for both the Senators and Uber

Edit: Especially with their faces and voices very clear in this video. If it was blurred out and they edited the voices to be different and bleeped out when they addressed each other by name that is one thing, but to air this video without doing so is an invasion of privacy and could potentially ruin some of these guys' careers. I'd imagine Uber and the Uber driver could potentially face a lawsuit

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Yep, this is not a good look for both the Senators and Uber

Edit: Especially with their faces and voices very clear in this video. If it was blurred out and they edited the voices to be different and bleeped out when they addressed each other by name that is one thing, but to air this video without doing so is an invasion of privacy and could potentially ruin some of these guys' careers. I'd imagine Uber and the Uber driver could potentially face a lawsuit
GM of uber in canada:

Reactions: Davegarri

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
The Uber guy is a **** head but so are they for talking in front of him, especially after he asked them what team they play for. No common sense.

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

it's probably for the better that this got released actually. i assume some change has to come out of this. lol imagine if they rolled melnyk in the vid

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
That is just unbelievable.

Dude won how many cups with that team? That team is a mini-dynasty. It isn't his fault that 1/3 of their cap space is tied up in 3 players and over half in 5 players.

With how Toews and Kane ran Panarin out of town for the corpse that is Brandon Saad, I wouldn't be surprised if they had some say.

Kane and Toews ran Panarin out of town? Wut

From what I understand Toews and Saad are besties. Toews lobbied to bring Saad back from Columbus.

I'm pretty sure that was just bc they weren't going to be able to pay Panarin.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Man, I hope we crush Ottawa tonight.

I'm one hockey fan that loves it when fate gives dumb management and dumb ownership a kick when they're down. Sucks for the fans, but as any Knicks fan can tell you, it's better to leave now when you know everything is f***ed from the top down.

Reactions: Bleedred

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
I haven't seen the video and yes, it's an invasion of privacy that this video was taken.

However, shouldn't these guys know not to speak like this in public? A taxi isn't some sacred forum protected by privilege. I'm sure players talk shit out their team and management all the time, everyone complains about their boss. Most people are smart enough to do it in a place where it can't hurt them.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I figure St. Louis has already called up Quenneville. He used to coach there, but it’s a different front office regime from his days there and we also saw Hitchcock return to Dallas last year, after being away for years.

Then again, Armstrong makes a lot of bad choices, like forcing Jake Allen to be the starter to the point of insanity. And if Quenneville takes the job, he still has Allen to deal with.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Bringing Saad in at 6M was not exactly cap friendly

Saad is signed for 2 years past this one though, whereas Panarin will be getting big money this summer.

Although given Saad's rapid decline in production, they may have been better off keeping Panarin and trying to move him either this last summer or at the trade deadline

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
For anybody who subscribes to The Athletic, there's a nice piece on Ryan Carter, who is doing some media and analysis for the Wild now.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
This Gary Bettman HOF induction speech might break the all-time record for length. I think Hischier will retire before this thing ends.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's so odd the NHLN telecast is like a half hour tape delayed behind the actual ceremony...they already went through Bettman and St. Louis's speeches irl (per Twitter) but they just finished Bettman with MSL coming up on the telecast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad