Around the League 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So there's a main board thread in the polls asking if Scheifele is a franchise center or not. Mostly it's a unanimous yes with a few maybes. But the no's are almost strictly coming from a certain fan base. Now that's a shocker! Lol

That is a bit odd that "certain fan base" has usually been pretty big Scheifele fans in the past. I guess we are reaching a breaking point.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
The same fan base that made Schiefele out to be a deity to explain Laine's success?

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Jets
Scheifele laine wheeler

Along with
Penguins
Crosby malkin kessel

And capitals
Ovechkin backstrom kutznetsov

Only teams with 3 players players in top 30.

To add scheifele and laine are fairly young also

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
So there's a main board thread in the polls asking if Scheifele is a franchise center or not. Mostly it's a unanimous yes with a few maybes. But the no's are almost strictly coming from a certain fan base. Now that's a shocker! Lol

Not sure if I would label him a "franchise center" though - high end #1 yes, but franchise is not a word to be taken lightly.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Jets
Scheifele laine wheeler

Along with
Penguins
Crosby malkin kessel

And capitals
Ovechkin backstrom kutznetsov

Only teams with 3 players players in top 30.

To add scheifele and laine are fairly young also
Laine and Ehlers were tied for 30th so the Jets have 4 players in the top 30.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Laine and Ehlers were tied for 30th so the Jets have 4 players in the top 30.

I think we are looking at two different post/site.

I was looking at the pole in the main board top forwards.
Schiefele (17)
Laine & wheeler at the 20s. Ehlers 44th

Either way most write up and poles im seeing this off season.
Jets forward core is trending way up.

That is very good.

Now if our top 6d can play together for 50+ games that would be awesome.

Our goalie tandem elevates each other.

And our pk and pp becomes above avg.

:)

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2375441&page=4

"Is Mark Scheifele a Franchise Center?" is the perfect example that Leafs fans really can't handle the Jets getting any love :laugh: It's incredible. Pretty much every fan in that thread says "yes sure" or "he's on the edge of me changing my status of him to 'franchise' center" ... except Leafs fans of course :laugh: According to them, Scheifele has been lucky mostly. :laugh:

You violated my critical rule: Never leave the HF Jets realm :laugh:

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2375441&page=4

"Is Mark Scheifele a Franchise Center?" is the perfect example that Leafs fans really can't handle the Jets getting any love :laugh: It's incredible. Pretty much every fan in that thread says "yes sure" or "he's on the edge of me changing my status of him to 'franchise' center" ... except Leafs fans of course :laugh: According to them, Scheifele has been lucky mostly. :laugh:

Give credit where credit's due; there are a lot of Leafs fans nodding in agreement.

True, the only naysayers seem to be Leafs fans BUT there are a lot of Leaf fans who seem to be able to take off the blue tinted glasses.

m.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So the current Jack Adams award winner gets a one year extension :laugh: proving any moron can coach a team when your starting goalie has a .931 save %. Glad the Columbus brain trust aren't as stupid as the "Professional" hockey writers who vote on awards.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Part of the Habs board has reached the "bargaining" stage of grief. Among the suggested trade targets: Klefbom, Jeff Carter, O'Reilly, Jordan Staal, Giroux, NIKLAS BACKSTROM, Draisaitl, and Duchene. That's just the last 5 pages of their trade thread.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Part of the Habs board has reached the "bargaining" stage of grief. Among the suggested trade targets: Klefbom, Jeff Carter, O'Reilly, Jordan Staal, Giroux, NIKLAS BACKSTROM, Draisaitl, and Duchene. That's just the last 5 pages of their trade thread.

And they don't have the assets to acquire any of them. Sergachev was basically their only shot. Unless they choose to package Drouin + 2018 1st and/or 2019 1st they likely aren't touching any of those guys.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
And they don't have the assets to acquire any of them. Sergachev was basically their only shot. Unless they choose to package Drouin + 2018 1st and/or 2019 1st they likely aren't touching any of those guys.

You could add Galchenyuk to that list. He seems to have failed as a C but he is still a first line LW.

Does MB intend to make a C out of Drouin?

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
You could add Galchenyuk to that list. He seems to have failed as a C but he is still a first line LW.

Does MB intend to make a C out of Drouin?

It's possible but at this stage I can't see it. Lots of Habs fans talking about him becoming a C. Galchenyuk could be added to a trade as well but... I mean do you deplete your wing depth to add a C now? Seems like a lateral move to me especially after losing Radulov. And that defence is really bad.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It's possible but at this stage I can't see it. Lots of Habs fans talking about him becoming a C. Galchenyuk could be added to a trade as well but... I mean do you deplete your wing depth to add a C now? Seems like a lateral move to me especially after losing Radulov. And that defence is really bad.

Oh no doubt that team is bad and getting worse, just listing assets with decent value. If they were going to part with Sergachev it had to be for a top 6 C.

MB doesn't seem to have a strategy. He just thrashes about aimlessly, or wildly, making marginal or bad trades that only make his team older. Weber is 4 years older than P.K. Drouin is 3 years older than Serge. Values are roughly equal. Neither of those trades addressed a need. Their 3 top scorers are all LW's. ??????

Bergevin needed to keep Radulov and get a 1C. He didn't need to do whatever the **** that was he thought he was doing.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Oh no doubt that team is bad and getting worse, just listing assets with decent value. If they were going to part with Sergachev it had to be for a top 6 C.

MB doesn't seem to have a strategy. He just thrashes about aimlessly, or wildly, making marginal or bad trades that only make his team older. Weber is 4 years older than P.K. Drouin is 3 years older than Serge. Values are roughly equal. Neither of those trades addressed a need. Their 3 top scorers are all LW's. ??????

Bergevin needed to keep Radulov and get a 1C. He didn't need to do whatever the **** that was he thought he was doing.

Yeah it's a tire fire for sure. Price may go down as one of the best goalies to never win a Cup by the end of his career with the way the Habs are trending. His contract takes him to 37. Sucks to be him.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
And they'll still likely make the playoffs. The Atlantic Division is really weird.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Yeah it's quantity parts bucket for quality 1C in every proposal. Can't believe there wasn't a deal for serg. Wonder what the avs ask was above sergachev for Duchene?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
If Price goes down for any period of time they are so done.

Yes - similar to the time that Price went down when they were first in the league, and they dropped to last or close to last with a horrific losing record afterwards. I think their line-up was stronger back then as well. So much depends on Price staying healthy with that roster, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad