Around the League 2014-15 Part XIV - Poor Oilers Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Life is weird. How parents could do that to their kid, how he could just basically hand over every penny and not keep track, it's all crazy. Then his dad was like the weird party dad while JJ was at Michigan, right? Which I guess is why he wanted to stay in college, and how he ended up with the Kings in the first place. But then you think his parents would want that big contract and to spend his money as soon as possible.

A multi-layered fiasco.

Captain Mittens*

Life is weird. How parents could do that to their kid, how he could just basically hand over every penny and not keep track, it's all crazy. Then his dad was like the weird party dad while JJ was at Michigan, right? Which I guess is why he wanted to stay in college, and how he ended up with the Kings in the first place. But then you think his parents would want that big contract and to spend his money as soon as possible.

A multi-layered fiasco.

I am unable to have children because of a bizarre gardening accident, but I have never seen kids as meal tickets or wanted to send them to work in the coal mines at age 9.
The only thing , I assume, that I would ever expect of my kids is to change my diaper when I am 90 and ******** myself because I did it for them when they were 9 months and ******** themselves

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
He really is minus forever.

This mad me sad, then made me laugh, than made me sad for laughing.

I am unable to have children because of a bizarre gardening accident, but I have never seen kids as meal tickets or wanted to send them to work in the coal mines at age 9.
The only thing , I assume, that I would ever expect of my kids is to change my diaper when I am 90 and ******** myself because I did it for them when they were 9 months and ******** themselves

Given your usual style of post, I'm unsure if serious.

As for me, I won't ask my kids to wipe my ass. If it gets to that point, take me out for stroll in the woods on a nice sunny day and put me out of my misery.

Ron*

As for me, I won't ask my kids to wipe my ass. If it gets to that point, take me out for stroll in the woods on a nice sunny day and put me out of my misery.

I feel the same way. Don't want to be a burden to my kids. It's best to eat lead at that point.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site

Okay, who is this guy? LOL

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
:facepalm:

St. Louis Blues goaltender Martin Brodeur was granted a one-week leave of absence Wednesday, but his head coach isn't sure exactly why the request was made.

"(It) kind of caught everybody off guard," Ken Hitchcock told Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "We didn't know what was going on. Still don't know what's going on."

Hitchcock told reporters he hopes the 42-year-old decides to remain with the organization.

Brodeur is 3-3-0 with a .899 save percentage and 2.87 goals-against average in seven appearances for the Blues since signing with St. Louis last month.

The Blues signed Brodeur to a one-year contract in the wake of Brian Elliott's lower-body injury, but Elliott returned to action on Dec. 30, splitting time with Jake Allen since then.

Brodeur has made one appearance since Elliott's return, allowing four goals in a 4-3 loss to the Anaheim Ducks on Jan. 2.

Captain Mittens*

This mad me sad, then made me laugh, than made me sad for laughing.

Given your usual style of post, I'm unsure if serious.

I am totally serious.

The ass wiping was more of a metaphor, I could have easily used "clean up my drool" but think big picture.
Jack's parents need to be sent to Singapore and caned

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
What did you mean by bizarre gardening accident though? Like I watered some plants when I was young but hard to believe I would get injured because it's not really intense. (Don't answer if it was really graphic or will trigger PTSD)

It would suck to have a ****ed up family like Jack Johnson has.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-fines-ducks-vatanen-for-elbowing/

The NHL has fined Anaheim Ducks defenceman Sami Vatanen US$3,393.82 for elbowing Toronto Maple Leafs forward David Booth.

The article said that this amount is the maximum fine allowable. Odd that number is the one they came up with
Sucks for Booth who out with a concussion again...

And Rinne is out 3-5 weeks (sprained knee)

Then there was this
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...maple-leafs-phil-kessel-dion-phaneuf-in-quiz/

A physics quiz included a question using Kessel and Phaneuf
to find velocity (question is copied in the article)

Phil "i missed the net again" Kessel (his weight mass, how fast he's skating" collides with Dion 'i missed my man again" Phaneuf (his weight) but he's stationary. Kessel is stopped in his tracks "just like the Leafs chances of making the playoffs"
the student then had to determine Phaneuf's velocity moving away

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
What did you mean by bizarre gardening accident though? Like I watered some plants when I was young but hard to believe I would get injured because it's not really intense. (Don't answer if it was really graphic or will trigger PTSD)

And he has a 16 yr old brother whose caught in the middle, since JJ has severed ties with cretins that sired him. That sucks for that kid, having to live with them and knowing what they did.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
And he has a 16 yr old brother whose caught in the middle, since JJ has severed ties with cretins that sired him. That sucks for that kid, having to live with them and knowing what they did.

Damn. Get that kid out of that household.

:laugh: The Physics prof. That is awesome. I wish my teachers were like this, maybe it would help me get more interested.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-fines-ducks-vatanen-for-elbowing/

The article said that this amount is the maximum fine allowable. Odd that number is the one they came up with
Sucks for Booth who out with a concussion again...

And Rinne is out 3-5 weeks (sprained knee)

Then there was this
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...maple-leafs-phil-kessel-dion-phaneuf-in-quiz/

A physics quiz included a question using Kessel and Phaneuf
to find velocity (question is copied in the article)

Phil "i missed the net again" Kessel (his weight mass, how fast he's skating" collides with Dion 'i missed my man again" Phaneuf (his weight) but he's stationary. Kessel is stopped in his tracks "just like the Leafs chances of making the playoffs"
the student then had to determine Phaneuf's velocity moving away

I think under the CBA the max fine is a % of salary so that makes sense

Captain Mittens*

The bizzare gardening accident part was a joke. I stole that from Spinal Tap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad