Around the League 2014-15 Part XIV - Poor Oilers Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
From what I read back when this first came out, he's cut off all contact and relations with his parents.

I got that too...but just...did the parents keep any of the bought possessions? Did all of the cars/jewelry get repossessed? Disgusting story overall, but I would hope that the parents don't get away with all this.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I am totally serious.

The ass wiping was more of a metaphor, I could have easily used "clean up my drool" but think big picture.
Jack's parents need to be sent to Singapore and caned

I'm sorry to hear that man, that sucks.

I have told my kids if I ever get to old to drive, put me out of my misery. If not, I'm stealing the most amazing vehicle I can jack and driving it off a cliff. Think Thelma and Louise style only with the Batmobile.

If I'm expelling any bodily fluid that I shouldn't be and there's no reasonable hope for recovery I hope someone sends me on my way. I want to be here as me, not as a shell of myself.

From what I read back when this first came out, he's cut off all contact and relations with his parents.

I wonder if anything came of the reported forged signature on the one document in the article. Power of attorney or not, forgery should be a serious offense.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Vancouver, Colorado, Winnipeg, Calgary, and San Jose all win last night.

Rangers go 3-0 in California, and haven't scored a goal since. At least they beat the Ducks and Sharks too.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA

Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC · 39m 39 minutes ago

NYR closing in on 6 year extension worth about $5.7M AAV on Marc Staal...first to report was @NYP_Brooksie. Maybe not today, but soon.

Good signing for the Rags...

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Leafs are tanking for McDavid. They can't be this bad. Shanny must have told them not to show up cause the first line have been deplorable.

it's too late for them to finish below Edmonton, Carolina, and buffalo.
i guess ever team that misses the playoffs has a shot though

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

NYR closing in on 6 year extension worth about $5.7M AAV on Marc Staal...first to report was @NYP_Brooksie. Maybe not today, but soon.

I saw that this morning. Sucks as he would have been a nice player to target in the off season.
Good for the rangers

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada

Not much of a discount really. I question if he would have got much more in free agency.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Not much of a discount really. I question if he would have got much more in free agency.

I don't think he would have gotten more in FA but it's a good signing for them as he's a good ,reliable , top d on team that is hoping to contend for a few years. Those aren't easy to come by, as DL is finding out.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
Considering Stralman got 4.5 in FA, that's a bit of an overpayment. They're both about the same type of player: solid stay at home, shot-blockers with Staal being a little more physical. Kevin Klein is doing better than him (this season at least). He is a good dman and too bad we can't get him now though.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I don't think he would have gotten more in FA but it's a good signing for them as he's a good ,reliable , top d on team that is hoping to contend for a few years. Those aren't easy to come by, as DL is finding out.

100% agree. When it comes to stay at home (primarily) D-men however, I wonder why more GM's don't let guys walk than pay out huge figures. It seems like if there's anything you can get at a semi-reasonable price, it's stay-at-home guys. DL sure did with Scuds and Mitchell.

And even if not I'd rather offer up a 1st rounder and see if I could get a stay-at-home type that's just as good at $3 or $3.5 million. Yes you lose the 1st but you gain the cap space.

Nothing against guys like Staal and Orpik, I'd welcome them onto the Kings in a heartbeat, but it seems to me you can get a lot better bang for the buck on guys like that elsewhere. When you pay that kind of money you shouldn't be getting a largely one-dimensional player who has a career high of 29 points four years ago and who is on pace for 14 points this year.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Considering Stralman got 4.5 in FA, that's a bit of an overpayment. They're both about the same type of player: solid stay at home, shot-blockers with Staal being a little more physical. Kevin Klein is doing better than him (this season at least). He is a good dman and too bad we can't get him now though.

And Stralman has better offensive numbers too. he's no Paul Coffey but throughout his career he's proven he can generate as much or more than Staal.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Enough with the chrome NHL. It looked bad last year and it still looks bad.

B7gSosmCIAAkhMB.jpg

The only chrome I want to see is on a 57' Chevy.

57-chevy-2-door-3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad