Around the League 2014-15 Part XIV - Poor Oilers Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
The Minnesota Wild have traded a 2015 3rd round pick to the Arizona Coyotes for goaltender Devan Dubnyk.

Nick Cotsonika: “Dubnyk has a .916 save percentage this season in 19 games. Kuemper has a .902 in 28. Backstrom has an .887 in 19.â€

Minnesota with all kings of goaltending issues and I guess AZ moving up in the MacDavid sweepstakes.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
2.png

LOL. Good stuff!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think it's because he has no priors. :dunno:

Oh for sure that's how it'll be justified, but something that pointless and blatant should be BIG punishment. It's not like it was a reckless hit gone bad or even like a retaliation slash, it was a premeditated, malicious elbow to the face that can't even be masked as 'part of the play.'

Dustin Brown got two games for a cold-shoulder style elbow counter-hit that wasn't premeditated AND was part of the flow of play. Appalling.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Laughton just got wrecked by Niskanen. I wonder if Lombardi is taking a look at M. Niskanen. He's a right handed shot whose pretty decent...

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Oh for sure that's how it'll be justified, but something that pointless and blatant should be BIG punishment. It's not like it was a reckless hit gone bad or even like a retaliation slash, it was a premeditated, malicious elbow to the face that can't even be masked as 'part of the play.'

Dustin Brown got two games for a cold-shoulder style elbow counter-hit that wasn't premeditated AND was part of the flow of play. Appalling.

These two specific hits were the main discussion over dinner and beers tonight with the girlfriend. She did make the point that Pominville did miss significant time as a result of the Brown hit. That may have been a factor. But she also conceded that Suter should've gotten more but didn't because he isn't a repeat offender and no serious injury resulted.
There seems to be little to no consistency from hit to hit with the league and it's beyond annoying at this point.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
As a fan of Kariya, I wanna see that happen. He deserves to be honored in some way.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Didn't think anyone could tarnish his own legacy more than when Michael Jordan went to play for the Wizards, but Marty wins the prize.

Did he really believe he was going to beat out Jake Allen as the backup? He couldn't see how this was going to play out once Elliot came off IR? I like Brodeur but Jesus Christ what a stupid move on his part.

Why is it a stupid move Ron?

I mean virtually everyone of us would kill someone just to get to play in one game. Broduer obviously has the passion for the game to still play and doesn't care if he's no longer an all-star. He just wants to play, so much so he was willing to put on another jersey for the first time since the first Gulf War.

Just because we think he should retire so he doesn't tarnish his image or whatever crap excuse someone gives for him to hang them up, he still wants to play, just as much as many or most of us would want to play. I fail to see how what he is doing is a stupid move if it makes him happy. All the power to him and I hope he gets to play as long as he wants to.

Laughton just got wrecked by Niskanen. I wonder if Lombardi is taking a look at M. Niskanen. He's a right handed shot whose pretty decent...

Who gets $5.75 million per season until 2018. Pass.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
Everyone talked about how great Matt Read was. Well, bye god this guy looks like a straight up terrible hockey player. His stats match the eyes. Maybe it's an off year but if you can't generate a dent in Philly then you are in trouble.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Coyotes apparently going into full rebuild mode. Who would look good in a Kings uniform? I wouldn't mind overpaying for OEL, or giving up Richards for Z. Michalek. Vermette is obviously going to be traded...

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Coyotes apparently going into full rebuild mode. Who would look good in a Kings uniform? I wouldn't mind overpaying for OEL, or giving up Richards for Z. Michalek. Vermette is obviously going to be traded...

You don't rebuild by trading a 23 year old #1 D-man. It'll be guys like Vermette, Smith, Michalek, etc. Basically anyone 27 and up I'd imagine is available except Doan, though Doan could go if he wants out. I don't think he will though, maybe next year when he's a rental and doesn't have to leave the Phoenix area for more than a few months.

I'd like to get Yandle, though i doubt we could swing it cap wise. Hanzal would be a nice pick up too I think. He's really good in the face off circle, plays on the PK and can play on the top two lines. Bonus is the cap hit is $3.1 million, so he's good bang for the buck.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Forgot about Hanzal, he would be a great #3C for us. I'd be fine with either Yandle or Z. Michalek. OEL is a pipe dream I know, but I can't help but dream with the **** reality of a season we're having right now.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Pretty great that the Leafs are playing their best hockey for like 10 years, and at the same time their luck has fallen off a cliff completely cancelling it out

Bozak is beyond garbage. He is carried so hard by Kessel, he is in no way a top 6 centre on a good NHL team. Stoll is better aswell. Seriously. Bozak is pure trash, he just can't play centre in this league.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA

Jonas Siegel retweeted

Chris Johnston‏@reporterchris·3 hrs3 hours ago
The #leafs have recalled Matt Frattin.

I really like that he tries...and keeps trying...
He's replacing Booth who got an elbow to the head and is out with a suspected concussion.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad