Around the League 2014-15 Part XIV - Poor Oilers Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
After listening to that MacT presser, it sounds like the owner said "Fire the coach, or I fire you".

Captain Mittens*

MacT to help w/ coaching transition

Homer-Simpson-wingnuts-doh.gif

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Why would TM destroy any hope of a future career by going to work for those dongholes?

His "protect hom,e plate" mentality would last a month because McT would get impatient because their goals for are suffering at the cost of structured defense. Winning games 2-1 just aren't sexy enough for him.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Edm if they were smart , would want a stud Defender for Hall. I would assume a conversation with the Kings would start with Muzzin/Toffoli/ Jones.

The only way Edm gets proper value for Hall; is to trade with a team that has similar talent , that also needs a shakeup.

No one is going to trade a weber/doughty/Quick like player for Hall. Unless that team has similar issues.

Last edited:

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Which won't fix anything. They need a culture change and shakeup; that only happens by jettisoning a core player.

Anyone hear his presser? What a joke. :facepalm:

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
So with all the speculation out there, what would it take to get a player like Taylor Hall?

Won't happen. MacT said at the presser before this that the price he was demanding for guys like Hall, Nail etc, was too rich for any GM to even entertain the though of making a deal for. Plus no GM in their right mind is going to give up the asking price for a player that has never played in anything even remotely close to an actual NHL coaching system. It's really a mess in EDM right now.

Which won't fix anything. They need a culture change and shakeup; that only happens by jettisoning a core player.

Anyone hear his presser? What a joke.

This. I've said it numerous times, they need a veteran coach to come in and kick the tires, figure out what they have that is usable, and then jettison the rest. Considering Lowe still has a job there though, don't plan on that happening and prepare for Mark Messier, new head coach of the Oilers and the prospect graveyard to continue.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Need good news about a righthanded defenseman? NY Islander Travis Hamonic meets after each home game with children who have also lost a parent.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Start with Toffoli & Pearson and add a 1st & 2nd round pick and a top prospect or 2 or 3. Hall should be the only untouchable on the Oilers.

You over value Hall and there is no way he should be untouchable. He is basically a Canadian Kovalchuk/Ovi. All run and gun no D. Add to that he is a winger, so your not going to get a #1D or #1C for him because you don't trade either of those for a winger. Let alone one that is as big a liability as Hall.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I feel bad for Eakins. How can you do anything with that team and management? It'll be the same perpetual **** until everyone is cleared out and there's no indication of that happening.

Watch MacTavish finally get fired and be replaced by Howson. Imagine that. Certainly could happen.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
You over value Hall and there is no way he should be untouchable. He is basically a Canadian Kovalchuk/Ovi. All run and gun no D. Add to that he is a winger, so your not going to get a #1D or #1C for him because you don't trade either of those for a winger. Let alone one that is as big a liability as Hall.

He's the Oilers best player without a doubt, so the Oilers overvalue him. The offer I put reflected what the Oilers would want for Hall just to move him, not his actual worth.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Wow, I used to not like Hamonic too much, thought he played on the edge, which always bothers the opposition, but have a lot more respect for him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad