Around the League 19: And Down the Stretch They Come...OK, Who Hit the Pause Button?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Don't be surprised when the Devils likely give us hell in our remaining two games. Again, they've been a team playing pretty solid for a while now.

It probably did help that Shesterkin had his momentum interrupted with that injury. It will be interesting to see how he does down the stretch. It was nice to see Claesson get a goal. He seems like a solid bottom paring NHL dman. Someday, we'll not have such an easy time signing every dman in the known universe despite there only being 6-7 NHL jobs.

Reactions: DaveG

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Didn’t he break ribs? He’s only been out about 10 days....
Yeah, I believe that's right. I was half watching the game as the Devils kept scoring, and wondered which of Georgiev or Lundqvist was in net. I was surprised to see Shesterkin.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Didn’t he break ribs? He’s only been out about 10 days....
Then they weren’t broke! Probably just bruised. I had a non displaced fracture once, they wouldn’t let me work for five weeks - but it was three before I could’ve even started to prematurely been a pain in the ass about it. At about four I could’ve worked but it definitely wouldve been a little tough. At first the doc said it would be four to five weeks if it was a nasty bruise, five to six if broke.

Can’t imagine any bone healing in ten days, especially one that get pressed into every time you breath. The initial impression must’ve been out of whack.

Reactions: DaveG

3CanesInTheBox

4!CanesintheBox
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
“Disoriented fingering point” is perfect. Don’t edit that.

HA! The sad thing is I never would have noticed that typo (? idk what was I even thinking fully tbh) if you hadn't disorientedly -fingering-pointed it out lol!

theraflu is a hella of a drug, y'all.

ETA:

f686936b0a0b354fa57906407b7d6e23-5ba92a5a5a9c9.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Special thanks to Koskinen. He made a lot of solid solid saves when this was still a game.

Oilers looked pretty rough most of the game, though they picked it up in the 3rd even before the goals. They kept getting it in the zone nicely, and often did a lot of good in the zone, but they just refused to put good shots on net pretty often.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
It’s always fun watching narratives blow up in people’s faces. Fiala took so much heat...as did the Wild and now they’re/he’s proving everyone wrong. Two goals, both snipes including the OT winner and the Wild are holding onto a wildcard spot. That kid has been ridiculous. Rask....speaking of narratives....with a goal like we haven’t seen from him since the year that got him his contract. Nice cut to the middle and strong finish.

Suter with 48 pts is second on the team behind Fiala. Did not see that coming. I didn’t think he produced like that anymore, had to check to see he kinda does. Still that’s a huge year for him with time left to add to it.

Reactions: MinJaBen

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Sabres suck. Skinner sucks. Jeeze

You know it's a bad contract when the day you sign it 99% of people around the league wrinkle their nose and go "ugh" and then the player proves why they did that the very first year of the deal.

23 points and a minus 22. Holy hell

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Coyotes blew a 2 goal lead and lose in regulation. Their playoff chances get slimmer all while NJ is staring at another lottery pick. Not what we need.

God help the team that overpays for Taylor Hall this summer.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012

If all you had to go on was the underlying numbers, you'd never in a million years guess the Canes had spent the last few weeks in 9th place. Goal differential, goals per game, shot differential, possession stats, even save percentage. It all adds up to what should very easily be a top 10 in the league kind of team, and yet here we are looking at teams with much worse numbers with the same number of points we have and counting games in hand. Frustrating, just a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA