Around the League 19: And Down the Stretch They Come...OK, Who Hit the Pause Button?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Am I having a psychotic-sports break from reality or did the Islanders actually LOSE TO THE SENS IN REGULATION?!

DYsRzMgVQAEblU6-1522766043-768x481.jpg

NO excuses for the canes but THIS is what I'm talking about when I say there are relative levels of Yikes in this league and --although it might not feel like it--the Canes are not at the bottom of that pile.
You’re welcome.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I know there were other issues with Fenton but those two trades he got ripped for don’t look so bad now do they?

I think it was more about how he went about handling the trade. IIRC, shortly after the Nino trade happened, it came out that he executed it without consulting his analytics department at all. I believe they weren't even in the same state at the time.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I think it was more about how he went about handling the trade. IIRC, shortly after the Nino trade happened, it came out that he executed it without consulting his analytics department at all. I believe they weren't even in the same state at the time.

His actual firing was for sure, but people shit all over the substance of both of those trades and how badly he got bent over.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I think the Canes are really missing Ferlands toughness. Brock and Melanoma also added some last year but Brock hasn't really found it this year. He's been more medium cock brock. You can see guys like TT getting pushed around and not much happening to show the opponent what's up. Refs don't help either when TT gets the shit hacked out of him and hit constantly away from the puck and there are no penalties drawn...for who knows what reason.

Kyle Clifford or Ristolainen type would help this team a lot.

Ovi and Reaves think twice about coming in on the fore check there. Compare that to our guys trying to skate away...

3CanesInTheBox

4!CanesintheBox
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
OILERS AND DEVILS COULD DO US A SOLID. OILERS LOT MORE LIKELY TO DO SO.

As someone who was born in White Plains (NYC suburb), trust me, the Devils / Rangers games will rarely be a cakewalk no matter how bad the Devs are right now.

I've adopted the Oilers as my WC team this year so they could go a long way in cementing my bandwagon-fandom tonight :)

Reactions: MrazeksVengeance

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Devils were like 8 games under .500 in December and only one under now. They're far from push overs since about the time they traded Hall. Even recently they are 9-4-2.

Reactions: cptjeff

3CanesInTheBox

4!CanesintheBox
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Welp, someone in my immediate friend group / family has spread flu-adjacent symptoms through the group-- there were a couple of people who came to my apartment last week coughing so I have some suspicians -- but mostly dizzy and disoriented fingering point.

Long story short, I'm self-quarantined to my couch / apt so really hoping there's some good results for us to watch over the next 48 hours.

[In all seriousness, try to stay healthy / avoid unnecessary travel etc. My prayers are especially with those in vulnerable population groups].

Be well, Jerks!

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Rangers give up a couple of quick goals and now it's 5-2 Devils.

Is this Shesterkin's first game back? Might explain him getting torched.

Reactions: bleedgreen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1