Around the League 19: And Down the Stretch They Come...OK, Who Hit the Pause Button?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu

i'm actually a bit shocked by this poll. lol. i mean i always figured we'd have a puncher's chance against them, but we're really right up there with the pens for them?!

maybe it's more hatred than fear, I dunno, but it's gonna be HILARIOUS when we inevitably face them again. Can't wait to troll DC with my svech jersey /petr hat again. :: cackles heinously ::

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Sportsclubstats has us at an 82.5% chance going 1 game over NHL .500 the rest of the way. Up over 90% for 2 games over.

Reactions: DaveG

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
i'm actually a bit shocked by this poll. lol. i mean i always figured we'd have a puncher's chance against them, but we're really right up there with the pens for them?!

maybe it's more hatred than fear, I dunno, but it's gonna be HILARIOUS when we inevitably face them again. Can't wait to troll DC with my svech jersey /petr hat again. :: cackles heinously ::
Getting in their head IS HALF OF THE BATTLE. THEY MUST KNOW THEY HAVE ALREADY LOST.

On a side note, I appreciate the cackle. Is it witch-like OR DO YOU HAVE YOUR OWN BRAND?

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Demko just played out of his mind on a 5 on 3 and then the remaining PP. Keep that up, pls and thx.

Demko played out of his mind all night. The Islanders dominated the third period and OT. The Isles had a power play in the third that included the most sustained, shooting-gallery type action I've ever seen for a full two minutes, scoring in the final seconds to tie it.

Having said that, Vancouver actually hammered two posts in the final five minutes. They could have easily won this in regulation if not for some bad luck.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Yeah, Canucks hit 3 posts total I believe as they had another one. A lot of bounces kept finding Isles players too, though that can happen when you're controlling the game. Canucks were also pretty bad in OT, so glad they ultimately kept them from a point.

Reactions: DaveG

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Holy shit Reilly Smith throwing absolute shade

We need a stronger word than shade for that. Maybe throwing an eclipse.

But yeah, that shows what the players really think about that market. It needs to go. We need a second team in Toronto. If there can be two teams in LA and three in NYC, there can certainly be two in Toronto.

Reactions: Bunch of Jurcos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad