Around the League '18-'19

Status
Not open for further replies.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
Carolina starting off well this year. Lol at shot differential, Carolina 54, Minnesota 23. Quick for Faulk? :)

And 14 ties it up and assists on the OT winner.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
Oof, Ducks must have thought they were playing against the Kings after going up 3-0.

Wow, Ryan Miller is 38?

Last edited:

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
That was a dirty play by Matheson on Pettersson tonight in the Nucks/Panthers game. Looked like a WWE takedown that resulted in what looked to be a head injury.

Surprised guys like Roussel and/or Beagle didn’t seek some retribution.

Got to believe there will be some type of payback when the two clubs meet in Vancouver in January.

Hopefully Pettersson is ok, he’s been great to watch in the early going.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Are the Hawks good or bad? One of the stranger starts to a season for a team.

The defense is really bad and Cam Ward's best days are behind him for sure, they are about on par with the Kings although made up differently.

They still have a lot of offensive firepower, just so huge to have a guy like DeBrincat who is probably going to score 35-40 goals this year on an ELC this year and next year.

Just another guy the Kings would have never touched with the old regime who looks like he may end up being one of the better goal-scorers in the league.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
SIAP but Nick Shore is off to the KHL. Another guy who played regularly for the Kings over the past couple of years who wasn't good enough to catch on with another NHL team.

I doubt he ever finds a home in the NHL, he is AAAA player like Matt Frattin.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
The defense is really bad and Cam Ward's best days are behind him for sure, they are about on par with the Kings although made up differently.

They still have a lot of offensive firepower, just so huge to have a guy like DeBrincat who is probably going to score 35-40 goals this year on an ELC this year and next year.

Just another guy the Kings would have never touched with the old regime who looks like he may end up being one of the better goal-scorers in the league.
Implying he'd score that much for the Kings in their system even if he was drafted.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Looks like maybe it went off the pipe. Karlsson tho...

Oh, you're totally right lol. Slick release by Hall, man he got that puck off quick and accurate too.

Karlsson...well, maybe more people will notice now. Already seeing some Sens fans come around to the idea that he is actually problematic instead of infallible and surrounded by a crap team.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Some rumor tidbits and news

From Chris Johnson (Sportsnet) - says that per Nick Kypreos, several teams interested in trading for Bobrovsky, who has said he will not resign in Columbus and is believed to be seeking in the neighborhood of 10M per. He has a full no move clause.

From Luke Fox of (Sportsnet) - on the possibility of Nylander being traded (which I think will happen, given he wants more $$ and term than the Leafs will offer. I am thinking they'll do a sign and trade possibly)

Quick Shifts: If the Maple Leafs decide to trade Nylander... - Sportsnet.ca
His list is below, I think he missed one in the Canes (who the Leafs called regarding Faulk or Pesce)

1. Arizona: Nicklas Hjalmarsson, Jason Demers, Jakob Chychrun
2. Minnesota: Matt Dumba, Jared Spurgeon
3. Anaheim: Josh Manson, Brandon Montour
4. Edmonton: Darnell Nurse (imagine Nylander might be an upgrade on Connor McDavid’s wing from Ty Rattie, and the pressure in Oilersville got heavy fast)
5. Vancouver: Chris Tanev, Alex Edler
6. St. Louis: Colton Parayko

Mike Johnson of Sportsnet on Nylander and Leafs situation:

William Nylander has not asked for trade; Maple Leafs not shopping him - Sportsnet.ca

Negotiations are ongoing but the two sides are reportedly not close. Kypreos said he was told there is a four-year contract offer on the table that is “well under $20 million in total” and that Nylander’s proposed salary cap hit would be closer to $4 million as opposed to north of $5 million annually.

Note that Nylander is looking for an LTC in the 8.5 per range.

Leafs- goalie issues - Remember like last week when the Leafs lost both McElhenny and Pickard on waivers? Well Anderson is hurt and Sparks is the starter with Kasimir Kaskisuo next on the depth chart with ECHL Eamon McAdam (Jeff Glass, the AHL backup is on an AHL only deal)
Well, Kaskisuo is now hurt and Eamon McAdam will be backing up Sparks tonight vs the Kings.

AVS- claimed Marko Dano off waivers . Avs have 10 forwards under 25 and only 3 players on the team that have had their 30th birthday.

IR -
Pens
- Justin Schultz out 4 months following surgery (broken leg)
Canucks- Beagle 6 weeks , broke his arm blocking a shot
Petterson - out with a concussion.
Knights - Stastny out for at least 2 months (lower body)

mbar

Dec 7, 2006
Los Angeles
Is any goalie in a cap system worth $10m a year? I can't see it. Bobrovsky is good but if I'm a GM I'd use that money elsewhere.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Is any goalie in a cap system worth $10m a year? I can't see it. Bobrovsky is good but if I'm a GM I'd use that money elsewhere.

If any one is right now, it's Bob.

But still, a couple years ago it would have been "If any one is right now, it's Price", and before that "If any one is right now, it's Henrik". Look how those both turned out.

Reactions: mbar

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Every team passed on DeBrincat at least once.

The Kings passed on players like this for over a decade. That is why the secondary scoring has been so bad for years now.

Will give props to Blake and Futa, they did a total 180 on the types of players they were going to draft. Starting to see it already with JAD. Now he just needs to find a coach that thinks the same way.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008

Bob is, he hasn't been a great playoff goalie but I think part of that is that Columbus hasn't been great in the postseason. And playing Pittsburgh/Washington is far from simple. But he's been the best regular season goalie since the Kings won their first Cup, minus a weaker 15-16 he's been great

Reactions: mbar

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Some rumor tidbits and news

From Chris Johnson (Sportsnet) - says that per Nick Kypreos, several teams interested in trading for Bobrovsky, who has said he will not resign in Columbus and is believed to be seeking in the neighborhood of 10M per. He has a full no move clause.

From Luke Fox of (Sportsnet) - on the possibility of Nylander being traded (which I think will happen, given he wants more $$ and term than the Leafs will offer. I am thinking they'll do a sign and trade possibly)

Quick Shifts: If the Maple Leafs decide to trade Nylander... - Sportsnet.ca
His list is below, I think he missed one in the Canes (who the Leafs called regarding Faulk or Pesce)

1. Arizona: Nicklas Hjalmarsson, Jason Demers, Jakob Chychrun
2. Minnesota: Matt Dumba, Jared Spurgeon
3. Anaheim: Josh Manson, Brandon Montour
4. Edmonton: Darnell Nurse (imagine Nylander might be an upgrade on Connor McDavid’s wing from Ty Rattie, and the pressure in Oilersville got heavy fast)
5. Vancouver: Chris Tanev, Alex Edler
6. St. Louis: Colton Parayko

Mike Johnson of Sportsnet on Nylander and Leafs situation:

William Nylander has not asked for trade; Maple Leafs not shopping him - Sportsnet.ca

Negotiations are ongoing but the two sides are reportedly not close. Kypreos said he was told there is a four-year contract offer on the table that is “well under $20 million in total” and that Nylander’s proposed salary cap hit would be closer to $4 million as opposed to north of $5 million annually.

Note that Nylander is looking for an LTC in the 8.5 per range.

Leafs- goalie issues - Remember like last week when the Leafs lost both McElhenny and Pickard on waivers? Well Anderson is hurt and Sparks is the starter with Kasimir Kaskisuo next on the depth chart with ECHL Eamon McAdam (Jeff Glass, the AHL backup is on an AHL only deal)
Well, Kaskisuo is now hurt and Eamon McAdam will be backing up Sparks tonight vs the Kings.

AVS- claimed Marko Dano off waivers . Avs have 10 forwards under 25 and only 3 players on the team that have had their 30th birthday.

IR -
Pens
- Justin Schultz out 4 months following surgery (broken leg)
Canucks- Beagle 6 weeks , broke his arm blocking a shot
Petterson - out with a concussion.
Knights - Stastny out for at least 2 months (lower body)
When is Bobrovsky checking into a mental hospital?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The Kings passed on players like this for over a decade. That is why the secondary scoring has been so bad for years now.

Will give props to Blake and Futa, they did a total 180 on the types of players they were going to draft. Starting to see it already with JAD. Now he just needs to find a coach that thinks the same way.
Actually, if this is the direction they are taking, Blake needs another 5 or 6 like JAD, only better.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010

Futa was in charge of scouting and development when the Kings missed 1-2nd rounders they did have, don't let him off the hook for some of the poor drafting choices.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigKing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad