Around the Dome v3.0 - Flames news & notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Sounds like treliving is trying to instill confidence/ accountability in the group from the top down. Admirable from a leadership perspective, but objectively it is difficult to say that he is at fault. He has tried many times to trade some of the problems on this roster for better fits. Is it his fault that these deals have seemingly fallen apart? What does that messaging do to the people he did try to trade? I'm a complete failure for not having been able to trade you does not sound like it will help motivation issues from guys like Janko or Brodie...

I understand where he is going with this, but I disagree. He didn't end up doing enough in the offseason, but he's not at fault for the majority of our roster coming into this season completely overconfident and underprepared. That is a coaching issue or a personnel issue. Because this has happened with multiple coaches now, I am quite confident the problem is the latter. The best players on this team have SHIT attitudes.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Treliving would have been at fault if this roster performed the same way as it did last season and sputterred out in the first round of the playoffs. It is hard to blame him for assuming that all of our players would try to build off of their last season instead of drinking/partying their way through the summer

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The only direction we're going is further down if we get rid of Treliving. Never ever gives off the idea that he believes that he's the smartest in the room and doesn't let himself be an ownership puppet.

As for his comments on the players and coaches... at face value it means fairly little. "Trespeak" at its very core is filled with misdirection. There's been way too much trade smoke for a while now. It's going to be interesting to see what happens

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Ottawa going to pass us in the standings. Down to 22 overall. Tampa, Columbus and Chicago all within a point of passing us and have 6, 4, and 3 games in hand on us. Nashville wins 1 of their next 4 games and they pass us. Rangers 3 points back with 5 games in hand. Minny and LA have 3 games in hand and are 3 and 4 points behind. Jersey and Detroit are really the only teams that wouldn't pass us since they also suck A LOT. I mean LA and Minny are both bad too, but a win each and they're within a game of us.

In short, in reality we're a bottom 5 team right now.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Ottawa going to pass us in the standings. Down to 22 overall. Tampa, Columbus and Chicago all within a point of passing us and have 6, 4, and 3 games in hand on us. Nashville wins 1 of their next 4 games and they pass us. Rangers 3 points back with 5 games in hand. Minny and LA have 3 games in hand and are 3 and 4 points behind. Jersey and Detroit are really the only teams that wouldn't pass us since they also suck A LOT. I mean LA and Minny are both bad too, but a win each and they're within a game of us.

In short, in reality we're a bottom 5 team right now.

By PPG we were already a bottom 5 team at the end of last night. Flames have a very small window to right the ship before they are too far behind to catch up.

Reactions: super6646

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Well yeah. They're fifth last in point percentage already with 0.460. The only teams worse are the Wild, Kings, Devils and Wings. And all of them have games in hand on the Flames.

Reactions: super6646

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Tre is just trying to deflect attention from the players, to himself, that is all. He’s literally done everything he can to make this roster better. The players need to take accountability play better and start to win games. I get what Tre is doing but in no way is this his fault.

Reactions: Tkachuk Norris

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Tre is just trying to deflect attention from the players, to himself, that is all. He’s literally done everything he can to make this roster better. The players need to take accountability play better and start to win games. I get what Tre is doing but in no way is this his fault.

Except he was the one who constructed the faulty roster and chose the coaching staff, so absolutely he has his share of blame to take. Considering where the prospect pool is at this point, I'm less than impressed with the final results.

Reactions: Schred

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Except he was the one who constructed the faulty roster and chose the coaching staff, so absolutely he has his share of blame to take. Considering where the prospect pool is at this point, I'm less than impressed with the final results.

He’s also the GM that assembled a 1st place team, just last season. This group had shown they can play at an elite level, Treliving is the one that has assembled this group. The players are in a funk right now, Sidney Crosby isn’t going to arrive via trade and fix our issues. It’s on the players to play out of this.

I think he absolutely should get some blame, he has made questionable moves. However my main was only that his comments were strategic.

Last edited:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
He’s also the GM that assembled a 1st place team, just last season. This group had shown they can play at an elite level, Treliving is the one that has assembled this group. The players are in a funk right now, Sidney Crosby isn’t going to arrive via trade and fix our issues. It’s on the players to play out of this.

I think he absolutely should get some blame, he has made questionable moves. However my main was only that his comments were strategic.
I agreed regard his comment but intentionally or not it is accurate....the sign of a weak team is all there to see but all he could do to improve the team was lucic?
Also core of the team is mentally weak and lazy. They give up too easy. He has done nothing to address that except some comments at the draft. Just drafting for more competitive players is not going to address the problems.

BT has done many good things but banking on Monahan, jankowski, Brodie and even johhny and wasting cap space on Neal, lucic and brouwer have been fatal mistakes.

This team needs a nuclear option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad