Around the Dome v3.0 - Flames news & notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
What even are these lines?

You shake up the offence, but still put Hamonic with Hanifin. GTFO Leave Hanifin and Ras together ffs.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Just saw a picture of current flame with future flame.

D9tc0x7UYAA2VOo

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Gaudreau, Tkachuk, Pelletier, Lafreniere.

Possibly the deepest left wing side in the history of hockey. hnnnnnggggggggggggg

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
What even are these lines?

You shake up the offence, but still put Hamonic with Hanifin. GTFO Leave Hanifin and Ras together ffs.

That's probably what Buffalo said.

I wonder if Ward is trying to screw up the playbook for the other teams.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Nice to see someone willing to go against the status quo.

**when I see Monahan succeed on the wing to the benefit of the Calgary Flames.

Off topic: Are you two long lost brothers? I still often think that you guys are related somehow.

Not a take I disagree with. Today it looks like they have Backlund on Monahan's wing. At the very least it looks like Ward isn't afraid to experiment which is a good thing.

Backlund has played LW in international tournaments. I think he experiments in practice to see if there's new options, but for game time, he goes back to the tried and true. I mean you don't need Mony to practice with JG, they've played long enough with one another. But for injury purposes and mixing up lines etc. it's good to learn these things in practice. Ward's a smart guy.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Pretty refreshing take from Ward who looks like he'll be another player's coach. It's in stark contrast to Gulutzan, who might have also been easygoing here but seldom shook up the lines.
“As soon as you’re not true to your style, the players see right through it,” Ward said. “For me, I’ve always approached it from the standpoint that I want the feedback from the players. I want them to be involved, because at the end of the day, it’s their program. Really, if you want to fully have people realize their potential, I think it’s way easier if they feel they have ownership of it and are an important part of it."

Coach Geoff Ward makes it clear to Flames he won't be a dictator

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->