Pre-Game Talk: Bruins - Leafs, Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Glad Lil is out, he's been awful and really Edmundson has been off setting his play. Not sure Brodie is an answer, but watching Lil just panic and throw pucks to nobody is maddening. I swear he hit a Leaf once or twice the entire Game 3, everything else was zero IQ plays. He's supposed to move the puck, if he can't, he sure isn't in there for his defensive acumen, physically he barely can hold his own. Not sure Brodie is a solid alternative either though.

There was no way they were leaving Liljegren in after last game, I was actually surprised how little it's been talked about just how bad he's played this series.

Reactions: DarkKnight

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Liljegren needs to come out. Too soft in the corners. Brodie should be okay for a game or two. At least he’s serviceable on the PK. Just make sure he plays on his natural left side.
Lybushkin has not been good in any facet, at least Liljegren can move the puck and at home you can manipulate the matchups to get Rielly and him a better set up.

Brodie won't be playing the left side but he isn't even the problem here. Boosh has not been good 5 on 5 or on the PK so that should have been the move.

Reactions: Gallagbi

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Wonder if they're thinking he can be moved up if they need scoring or Nylander can't finish the game.
I think you're right, he definitely gives options for up in the lineup and he's generated chances. He can also grind, so it's not like he's way out of place

Reactions: ACC1224

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
If this is the play, Timmy has to be done in Toronto. The team seemed excited to give him the chance to be a playoff started, and he has not met the challenge. So... what's the point in keeping him? I like him... but I get why it might be time to pull him and move on.
Keefe said Lilly is not 100% healthy

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Well let’s hope for a good game tonight. Remember if we lose it was expected so Let’s not explode into disbelief. lol!

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
Liligren has had the biggest impact on losses than any other player on the roster.
Very disappointing.
Am I the only that doesn't seem to think has been bad? Like he hasn't been great but I feel like every play he makes is under the microscope and overly scrutinized

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I want Lili to work out since we actually drafted him and developed him. Either add him to a package to get a top pair guy or get a new coach who can bring his confidence back.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Am I the only that doesn't seem to think has been bad? Like he hasn't been great but I feel like every play he makes is under the microscope and overly scrutinized

To me, he feels like Dermott out there. Decent set of skills, fairly unremarkable contribution, not the most inspired competitor. Kind of feels like a soft target for Boston and always at risk of being outmuscled and cough up a puck at a critical place and moment. Feels like people really want to like him but he's not really that guy.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Lybushkin has not been good in any facet, at least Liljegren can move the puck and at home you can manipulate the matchups to get Rielly and him a better set up.

Brodie won't be playing the left side but he isn't even the problem here. Boosh has not been good 5 on 5 or on the PK so that should have been the move.
They both have question marks IMO. Lilj is a time bomb always waiting to blow, Boosh is just regularly beat with limited puck movement. Basically a choice of common little errors or risk a major error like last game. So far Boosh's haven't ended up in our net at least.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I like that Sammy is able to admit when he screwed up, unlike other players.

He keeps doing it... does it matter if he admits he made a mistake?

Weirdly, a lot of people on this board are always more upset that they think our players don't care or won't personally address the fans and say certain things... who cares what they say to the media?

Do you just want to feel special that they said sorry?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The Dewar/Robertson situation is tricky.

Dewar has been pretty good this series so far, and the 4th line has been solid.

That said, the #1 issue is Leafs need goals. Robertson does help that more. There is at least a logic to hoping he gets some opportunities against favorable competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad