Around the Dome v3.0 - Flames news & notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
There are a lot of tickets available for the Heritage Classic game. Is that normal?

https://www1.ticketmaster.ca/2019-t...-classic-flames-v-jets/event/11005675E36A65E5

How often do they have it in a small city with no strong attachment to either team? In fact because of the Riders rivalry with both teams in the CFL I could see these two teams being very unpopular there.

If you want people to travel, the seats are very expensive and Regina in late October is hardly how I want to spend $1000 or more on a trip.

I went to the outdoor game at McMahon and it was a cool experience, might go again if they had it but no way I am shelling out the money it costs to go to a game in Regina for the same experience.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
There are a lot of tickets available for the Heritage Classic game. Is that normal?

https://www1.ticketmaster.ca/2019-t...-classic-flames-v-jets/event/11005675E36A65E5
Maybe because the worst ticket in the joint will cost $114 and thats for standing room? To get a seat in the nose bleed section will cost $124. A decent ticket in the lower bowl, and is there really such thing as a decent ticket to watch a hockey game in a football stadium, will cost you close to $300.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Maybe because the worst ticket in the joint will cost $114 and thats for standing room? To get a seat in the nose bleed section will cost $124. A decent ticket in the lower bowl, and is there really such thing as a decent ticket to watch a hockey game in a football stadium, will cost you close to $300.

Yeah I wouldnt pay $114 to stand to watch a hockey game outdoor in Regina...
Well, maybe if it's the Stanley Cup final and the Flames are in it.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Oiler fan coming in peace.
Why has the league not made an Edmonton/Calgary heritage classic? Would it not be awesome to have the BOA on that stage(especially an alumni game!).
Agreed.

I would also like to see an alumni game, particularly one where Steve Smith changes teams halfway through.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Oiler fan coming in peace.
Why has the league not made an Edmonton/Calgary heritage classic? Would it not be awesome to have the BOA on that stage(especially an alumni game!).
My only thought would be lower viewership outside of Alberta. People from Ontario/Quebec/Maitoba/BC likely wouldn't tune in. A game with an AB team and Manitoba team/Ontario team likely draws a higher viewing audience unfortunately.

I'd love an outdoor game between the Flames and Oilers.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
My only thought would be lower viewership outside of Alberta. People from Ontario/Quebec/Maitoba/BC likely wouldn't tune in. A game with an AB team and Manitoba team/Ontario team likely draws a higher viewing audience unfortunately.

I'd love an outdoor game between the Flames and Oilers.

Put it in a neutral site like Red Deer and see how it goes, hell divide the arena in two halves one for Calgary and one for Edmonton. This would be a lot of fun.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Put it in a neutral site like Red Deer and see how it goes, hell divide the arena in two halves one for Calgary and one for Edmonton. This would be a lot of fun.

Play it on Lake Louise and make it so the only seats you can buy are to be air lifted above the game via helicopter and then you get to shoot Roman candles at the other helicopters

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I was on vacation for a few weeks, so I didn't get to watch much hockey. How's Lucic doing? Specifically compared to Neal last year.

I'm genuinely curious.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
I was on vacation for a few weeks, so I didn't get to watch much hockey. How's Lucic doing? Specifically compared to Neal last year.

I'm genuinely curious.
Lucic has added good physical play, and had some really good shifts. Compared to Neal last year - total revelation and much better for what the team needs. He still had moments where the play dies with him, but overall much better than Neal last year. I think as he gets more comfortable with his role, he will chip in more offensively as well. He’s getting some good looks and making good smart passes.

Reactions: KevinRedkey

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Looch has made some awesome set up plays from below the dots. Honestly his playmaking ability has surprised me the most. The set up he did last game was very good.

Reactions: Janks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad