Around the Dome v3.0 - Flames news & notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Retro red gets 15 home games and retro white gets 3. Regular red gets the remaining 23 home games. Pretty big push for the retros to be the fulltime jerseys next year
72158795_10157482329508704_6573487368249016320_n.jpg

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Fun fact, the Ducks game on Feb 17 will see the Flames wear their Heritage whites and the Ducks wearing their Orange thirds.

Retro red gets 15 home games and retro white gets 3. Regular red gets the remaining 23 home games. Pretty big push for the retros to be the fulltime jerseys next year

Pretty amazing that the retros are still a year away from being the home jerseys when they've worn them for their freaking home openers the last two seasons lol.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Fun fact, the Ducks game on Feb 17 will see the Flames wear their Heritage whites and the Ducks wearing their Orange thirds.

Pretty amazing that the retros are still a year away from being the home jerseys when they've worn them for their freaking home openers the last two seasons lol.
I wish we were wearing our retro whites the night St. Louis is wearing their Gretzky-era retro home.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

I'm not 100% sure, but I think there is a contractual obligation of some kind that prevents them from ditching the red/black jerseys until next year.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I'm not 100% sure, but I think there is a contractual obligation of some kind that prevents them from ditching the red/black jerseys until next year.
I think this is the first year it can be changed. Hurricanes changed their road whites this season, Canucks have lost the wordmark off their jerseys. So, I think the change could have been made this year. However, with being in the Heritage Classic, it was absolutely the perfect game to unveil the retro whites.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Lines today have the rightful heir Benny on the second line with Backs and Chuck.
Pffft... gifted role. What's he done to deserve it? And don't say 'Play better than others', because that's not good enough... apparently :dunno:

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Good. Bennett has looked great so far - and should have started on that line to begin with. He is showing far more patience and poise with the puck and has already made a few passes this season that we have not seen him capable of doing in previous years.

I also like Frolik with Reider. Two guys who are forechecking machines. The problem will be the finishing ability and lack of a playmaker - but that line should have the ability to out posses, and out skate other teams fourth lines with ease.

I just pray Bennett gets a legit shot - longer than a few shifts, or a game or two. Ride it out and see what chemistry develops (we saw him score 18 as a rookie alongside Backlund). We know that second line can't be any worse than it has been throughout the first two games of the year.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Nice to see Frolik off the second line. Puck died every time it touched his stick. He’s looked awful so far and this is from someone who historically has liked his play.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Aight I’m going to go ahead and drive 5-6 games down the hype train line and wait

If it shows up I’ll get on it. It usually doesn’t doesn’t though

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Janko centering the 2nd line in practice?? One day he's a healthy scratch and the next he's being rewarded? Something's fishy in Cowtown.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Janko centering the 2nd line in practice?? One day he's a healthy scratch and the next he's being rewarded? Something's fishy in Cowtown.

If they expect Backlund to be ready on Thursday and just gave him a maintenance day then it makes sense. Just plug in Janko as a place holder for now

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->