Around the Dome v3.0 - Flames news & notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
That's pretty awesome! However they totally missed the opportunity to add this at the end

g7WVS5i.gif

Ran into this guy last night at one point I'm pretty sure. Wasn't positive enough to say anything.

Jags68

Oct 16, 2017
Saw him on tv too. Same spot. Probably shares seasons tickets.

But nobody compares to the lady behind the flames bench. That lady... she’s been there for past 15 years I think

Lol, I used to work with her. I remember walking into her and just being like “HEY! YOURE THE FLAMES LADY!”

Her husband must have a good job, she mentioned the 04 playoff tickets ran them about $30k

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Lol, I used to work with her. I remember walking into her and just being like “HEY! YOURE THE FLAMES LADY!”

Her husband must have a good job, she mentioned the 04 playoff tickets ran them about $30k

Dang.... yeah I’m sure those seats aren’t cheap reg. Season either.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Dang.... yeah I’m sure those seats aren’t cheap reg. Season either.
I've never sat near there but I have to think the view from those seats is terrible. Being blocked continuously by the coaches. Not a great view of either end of the ice, angle wise. Glass distorting your view at both ends.

TJ Goatie

Nov 15, 2017
Anyone know if there’s an easy way to check a teams record when an x player is injured?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Anyone know if there’s an easy way to check a teams record when an x player is injured?
Easiest I know of is make note of the time period(s) they were injured, then go to NHL.com and compile team stats for that time period.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I've never sat near there but I have to think the view from those seats is terrible. Being blocked continuously by the coaches. Not a great view of either end of the ice, angle wise. Glass distorting your view at both ends.

I sat around there for a game against Tampa (back in the Brent Sutter and MSL-Stamkos days) and I did not enjoy it for the reasons you state.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Honestly I feel like all the names from our team on that list are worthy of winning. Gio should win the Norris hands down, and I feel like Peters and Treliving should their respective awards as well.

Question though, why is Monahan more worthy than Lindholm of the Byng?

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Honestly I feel like all the names from our team on that list are worthy of winning. Gio should win the Norris hands down, and I feel like Peters and Treliving should their respective awards as well.

Question though, why is Monahan more worthy than Lindholm of the Byng?
Peters I wouldn't mind seeing win, but I could see Trotz with the Islanders is a good bet as well though

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
TBH as good as Peters has been with this group I feel like Trotz should win the Jack Adams being in NYI. He took that team and made it great. made them from the legit worst defensive team just last season and turned it into the best defensive team in the NHL. Peters def deserves the nod for sure. but what Trotz has done in Long Island has been nothing short of a miracle

Reactions: The Gnome

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The funny thing is that yes, we look at the Islanders as a massive success story this season almost entirely because of a coaching change, but we also made a coaching change and have had a bigger improvement in our record thus far in the season than the Isles have. The Islanders were the worst defensive team in the league last year, but they were also one of the best offences, which they have slightly sacrificed. I believe the Flames have improved in both regards.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
The funny thing is that yes, we look at the Islanders as a massive success story this season almost entirely because of a coaching change, but we also made a coaching change and have had a bigger improvement in our record thus far in the season than the Isles have. The Islanders were the worst defensive team in the league last year, but they were also one of the best offences, which they have slightly sacrificed. I believe the Flames have improved in both regards.

the thing is, the flames have a vastly superior roster, and they(Isles) LOST Tavares to free agency, while we added Lindholm, Hanifin, Neal, and Ryan as great depth options. so yeah while our improvement has been better overall, our roster is also improved upon last season. I'm not saying he shouldn't win the award at all. any other given season absolutely. but this season, Trotz has done some absolutely magical stuff over there.
it is very close. but i would absolutely give the award to Trotz. that team should not be around the top of the Metro with teams like Pitts/Wash/CBJ etc

Reactions: Tkachuk Norris

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
the thing is, the flames have a vastly superior roster, and they(Isles) LOST Tavares to free agency, while we added Lindholm, Hanifin, Neal, and Ryan as great depth options. so yeah while our improvement has been better overall, our roster is also improved upon last season. I'm not saying he shouldn't win the award at all. any other given season absolutely. but this season, Trotz has done some absolutely magical stuff over there.
it is very close. but i would absolutely give the award to Trotz. that team should not be around the top of the Metro with teams like Pitts/Wash/CBJ etc
I don't disagree with you. Mostly just playing Devil's Advocate.

k5ZWo0h.gif

Reactions: Snazu

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Think of all the hilarious chirps she gets to hear, though.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Every time I discuss the Iginla and Bouwmeester trades, I mention that it's difficult to find comparables. Today's Muzzin trade seems like a very similar trade from a lot of perspectives, and the return is actually quite similar.

Reactions: Janks and Lunatik

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Every time I discuss the Iginla and Bouwmeester trades, I mention that it's difficult to find comparables. Today's Muzzin trade seems like a very similar trade from a lot of perspectives, and the return is actually quite similar.
It really is.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Johnny owns a Goldendoodle?? Thats it. He's crossed off my Christmas list. A Goldendoodle.. sheesh. Why Johnny? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino