Around the Dome v3.0 - Flames news & notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Gio, Brodie, Backlund, and Lindholm top5 in league +/-
Garbage stat and all that, I know, but yet another stat that shows that Flames are good this year. Really good

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Välimäki scored his first NHL goal before his first AHL goal. I wonder how rare or common that is?

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Dube scored his first NHL goal before his first AHL goal despite having played in the AHL beforehand

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Definitely far more uncommon for a D

I think Dube and Lazar are both in the group that scored in the NHL before the AHL

Not many D go from junior to the NHL, just because of how that position is rarely figured out until guys are in their mid twenties.

It all circles back to that argument about our 4 young D in the NHL. It's amazing we have 4 guys under 22 years old playing major minutes for this team. Amazing how we have to find something to bitch about :laugh:.
That being said, I'd take 'NO This 21 year old Dman playing in the NHL is better than THIS 20 year old Dman playing in the NHL!' on our own team versus old debates of 'This team is dog shit, we need to blow it up/not'

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Välimäki scored his first NHL goal before his first AHL goal. I wonder how rare or common that is?
I always liked the fact that Ken Dryden won a Stanley Cup and a Conn Smythe before he played his first NHL regular season game.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Not many D go from junior to the NHL, just because of how that position is rarely figured out until guys are in their mid twenties.

It all circles back to that argument about our 4 young D in the NHL. It's amazing we have 4 guys under 22 years old playing major minutes for this team. Amazing how we have to find something to ***** about :laugh:.
That being said, I'd take 'NO This 21 year old Dman playing in the NHL is better than THIS 20 year old Dman playing in the NHL!' on our own team versus old debates of 'This team is dog ****, we need to blow it up/not'

That's pretty much it! Andersson vs Kylington vs Valimaki....Who f***ing cares? All 3 have been very good to excellent for us given their age and experience :laugh:

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Fair market value for Tkachuk on a longterm deal is probably over 9M now. But he's not really worth it; he's been mediocre to terrible at times 5-on-5. Small sample sizes but he hasn't been particularly good away from Backlund either. This won't be an easy negotiation.

Think we see a three year deal at Gaudreau/Giordano money or a six year deal at something around 8M. Either way, it won't be signed until sometime in September.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
It's kind of funny too, Hanifin is younger than Andersson but we never talk about him like that's that case. Its truly 4 young studs on D. We are #blessed

I never even think of it that way as he's so much further along in my eyes. But you're right, it's pretty amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->