Around the Dome v3.0 - Flames news & notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
That trade is going to get Treliving GM of the year award. It is going to go down as one the best trades in maybe the last 5 years.

Aug 3, 2010
I hope some of you have been watching the Lightning-Jets game tonight. Not only are there implications for first in the West with the Jets, it's been a fantastic back-and-forth game since the second period and a great showcase of what the Flames may have to contend with for league superiority.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
That trade is going to get Treliving GM of the year award. It is going to go down as one the best trades in maybe the last 5 years.

It's an interesting comparison between Hanifin and Dougie right now. Dougie has the edge in points by a bit, but he's also getting more PP time, whereas Hanifin is playing much more SH time. Both are third on their team in ice time.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Giordano better win the Norris this year. He makes 2nd pairing guys top pair defenders every single year.

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
This probably really isn't the right place to ask this, but didn't think it was worth a thread. I'm looking to snag some nosebleed tickets for the Tampa game, I'm wondering what website people have the best luck with for short notice tickets like these?

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
This probably really isn't the right place to ask this, but didn't think it was worth a thread. I'm looking to snag some nosebleed tickets for the Tampa game, I'm wondering what website people have the best luck with for short notice tickets like these?

I haven't actually used them yet but I've heard good reviews for TickPick | Where Smart Fans Buy, Sell and Bid on Tickets

I almost bought some tickets for me and a friend for the Jets game until I scored some freebies. Better alternative than the resellers that tack on those ridiculous fees.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Gio is so good the Flames were able to trade a 2nd pairing d-man, a 3rd line winger and a bust prospect for a 1st line impact player and a a future #1 d-man.

He is worth every cent of his contract, can't believe people thought he was overpaid when he signed that deal.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Love that Rittich's nickname is catching on league-wide. The guys doing commentary in St Louis brought it up a few times on Sunday.

I hate that his improved nickname, Big Ttich Rittich, isn't catching on more.

Reactions: Cyrano

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Gio is so good the Flames were able to trade a 2nd pairing d-man, a 3rd line winger and a bust prospect for a 1st line impact player and a a future #1 d-man.

He is worth every cent of his contract, can't believe people thought he was overpaid when he signed that deal.

Gio is damn impressive.
I mean, Calgary gave up a lot, but man did they ever get a lot. Jury is still out on Fox, I mean, it was clear he wasn't signing here and I'm sure he's not signing in Carolina either.

Ferland was a product of linemates, who fit his role, Hamilton was a good top pairing guy for us; but had some weirdness to his game.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017

No problem with anything else you said but calling Fox a bust is more than ridiculous.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
No problem with anything else you said but calling Fox a bust is more than ridiculous.
From the Flames' perspective, he kind of was. I can see both arguments. If we didn't trade him, he would end up with 0 value. But yeah, he's not a bust in the sense that he was still an asset with value in a trade.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
From the Flames' perspective, he kind of was. I can see both arguments. If we didn't trade him, he would end up with 0 value. But yeah, he's not a bust in the sense that he was still an asset with value in a trade.

When I think of "bust", I think of "he's not going to be a solid pro", not "he's not going to sign with us so he has no value to us as a player".

But I see what you mean

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
When I think of "bust", I think of "he's not going to be a solid pro", not "he's not going to sign with us so he has no value to us as a player".

But I see what you mean

Fox is a decent young prospect but he is only a prospect. Historically he falls somewhere between behind Tim Erixon and Justin Schultz where on 1 end he plays about 100 pro games and never takes the leap or takes 3-4 seasons to become a middle pairing d-man. Fox is gone and never coming back. The Flames got everything they could have from him. We have 12 years of controlled contracts from a #2-#3 d-man and a first line RW for 4 years of a 3rd line RW and a Second pair RD. Fox was the hope Carolina could save face on this trade and by all appearance the only way FOX tilts the trade back to a Carolina victory is if FOx is the second coming of Duncan Keith and signs in Carolina.

Fox is not Keith and Calgary walks away from this trade as a huge winner.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Fox is a decent young prospect but he is only a prospect. Historically he falls somewhere between behind Tim Erixon and Justin Schultz where on 1 end he plays about 100 pro games and never takes the leap or takes 3-4 seasons to become a middle pairing d-man. Fox is gone and never coming back. The Flames got everything they could have from him. We have 12 years of controlled contracts from a #2-#3 d-man and a first line RW for 4 years of a 3rd line RW and a Second pair RD. Fox was the hope Carolina could save face on this trade and by all appearance the only way FOX tilts the trade back to a Carolina victory is if FOx is the second coming of Duncan Keith and signs in Carolina.

Sure, but that has absolutely nothing to do with what I said

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016

Nah, Fox is gonna be the next Klingberg or Gostisbehere, but it wouldn't happen here and won't happen in Carolina either.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Matt Stajan has 17 points in 17 games playing for the Red Bulls in Germany and are 3rd place in the DEL league. Nice to see Matt enjoying hockey.

Reactions: Signature
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad