Around the Dome II: Flames hockey-related news and notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

trv

Nov 4, 2014
Didsbury
Which could theoretically cost someone their job if they do drug testing
I’m not jumping onto either side, but I was at Coachella for 3 days with people smoking weed all around me, even right beside me, and I was drug tested clean 8 hours after I got off the plane back to Calgary. I was a little stressed though

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Ern is one of my favourite all time Flames. I remember he hit a Canuck pretty hard one game, I can’t remeber the Nucks name, but I thought the hit was clean but the player was injured. I usually never go on the mainboard but the Nucks posters were totally trashing him, calling him a low life, goon, an alcoholic, a dirty player and despicable person. I was new as a mod but I felt totally compelled to defend him and I got lynched for it but I didn’t care. I have the outmost respect for that man and I think he’s a very good human.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Ern is one of my favourite all time Flames. I remember he hit a Canuck pretty hard one game, I can’t remeber the Nucks name, but I thought the hit was clean but the player was injured. I usually never go on the mainboard but the Nucks posters were totally trashing him, calling him a low life, goon, an alcoholic, a dirty player and despicable person. I was new as a mod but I felt totally compelled to defend him and I got lynched for it but I didn’t care. I have the outmost respect for that man and I think he’s a very good human.
Andrew Alberts.

Aug 3, 2010
Things have been tight lately, but I've been squirreling away some money for a while, and j finally have enough to buy my first jersey this weekend.
Congratulations! Which style are you going for? Or waiting for the new thirds?

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Congratulations! Which style are you going for? Or waiting for the new thirds?
I'm contemplating on the thirds because I think that might be what I want. But it depends. I'm debating between Tkachuk and Jagr. Jagr is my favorite player ever so despite a less than stellar tenure I want his jersey. But getting a new third with his name when he never wore them seems silly.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

I don't disagree they could use another depth guy. An injury to anyone in the top 6 has us playing rookies, which is a bit scary. We already will have two guys that have under 3 year pro experience as is.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
They need defensive bodies for Stockton but otherwise, Andersson, Kylington, Valimaki, Prout and Healey is fine defensive depth. At some point, these guys actually need NHL time and continuing to obstruct their progress by pilling bodies in front of them helps no one; not their development and not the team's future.

Plus, Smith's puck handling already cuts down on defensive injuries. Hopefully Treliving doesn't bog things down further.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I don't disagree they could use another depth guy. An injury to anyone in the top 6 has us playing rookies, which is a bit scary. We already will have two guys that have under 3 year pro experience as is.
4 of our top 6 are highly experienced players. Hanifin's been in the NHL since day 1 of his career and Kulak has decent enough experience at this level.

Eventually a rookie Dman is gonna have to break through the logjam and secure a spot. Otherwise what's the point? Relying on a team of vets is unsustainable in the long run. Eventually, you need to play your own guys at some point.

If the opportunity arises through injury, he'll be on the third pair anyway. From the looks of things Peters knows how to shelter guys instead of rolling the pairings blindly like Gulutzan did. For the sake of our cap, we could really use some ELCs on the big team too

Barring a trade for some cap space/picks, there's nothing more we can do anyway

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Hopefully Klimchuk can outplay Brouwer for a spot in the lineup. I think a 4th line of Klimchuk - Jankowski/Ryan - Czarnik/Frolik would be amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad