Around the Dome II: Flames hockey-related news and notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The best part about going for a dart in the outdoor concourse was talking to other fans. It's like Nazi Germany now. Even if we were down 3-1 you would get to talk to other fans and be pumped for the next period.
Wow, talk about being over dramatic.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
What would you call a place you pay to be at, except aren't allowed your own sovereignty?
You are doing something harmful to others, it's not hard to f***ing understand. It's people like you that give smokers a bad name.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
I am a non-smoker (cigarettes are gross), but I'm not a fan of the smoking 'crackdown'.

Smoking in the bathroom is only cool in high school and, unless you're smokin' in that boys room, it should be reported.
Smoking outside in a designated area is not a problem and the Flames are flexing muscle that needn't be flexed.
Smoking indoors in a sealed and highly ventilated area should not be a problem...
Smoking Bars should be a thing much like Shisha bars. We can have nice cigars (I have one once every few years) and chat with friends whilst having an excellent scotch.

BUT NO! We can't have these simple things because people wish to invade on others freedoms even when they're not affected. Nobody should smoke in your face or in non-designated public areas but come on.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I am a non-smoker (cigarettes are gross), but I'm not a fan of the smoking 'crackdown'.

Smoking in the bathroom is only cool in high school and, unless you're smokin' in that boys room, it should be reported.
Smoking outside in a designated area is not a problem and the Flames are flexing muscle that needn't be flexed.
Smoking indoors in a sealed and highly ventilated area should not be a problem...
Smoking Bars should be a thing much like Shisha bars. We can have nice cigars (I have one once every few years) and chat with friends whilst having an excellent scotch.

BUT NO! We can't have these simple things because people wish to invade on others freedoms even when they're not affected. Nobody should smoke in your face or in non-designated public areas but come on.
How are they not affected?
- You open a door to a designated smoking area and the smoke enters the non-smoking area. This results in complaints.
- Staff is required in those areas, both security and people to keep the areas presentable.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Don't you sleep?!

Car exhaust is harmful but because you get something out of it you put up with it and it affects the public far more than designated smoking areas. Yes, smoking stinks, but that's really the only issue.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Don't you sleep?!

Car exhaust is harmful but because you get something out of it you put up with it and it affects the public far more than designated smoking areas. Yes, smoking stinks, but that's really the only issue.
I work nights, so I just have odd hours. But, no, I don't sleep much.

No, it's not the only issue, sending employees into an area with second hand smoke is very much an issue.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
What are they going to ban next? Sex in public?! Bloody fascists.

If I can’t get brain from a 40 some year old divorcee while I look Harvey in his cold dead eyes... might as well not even go to the game anymore.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
If I can’t get brain from a 40 some year old divorcee while I look Harvey in his cold dead eyes... might as well not even go to the game anymore.
bnjhoxtccaabqdz.jpg

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad